Re: Second Window query

  • Eb
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 17 2:46 PM
      Robert,

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Robert Bull <barlennan@...> wrote:

      > Second Window, Shift+Ctrl+W.
      >
      > Am I right in thinking this is just a display mode? There's no way to,
      > e.g., gang the two panes together and scroll them as one?
      > No way to match lines between files like a simple visual "diff"?

      Right, you cannot do this in NoteTab. But there are utilities around that will.

      For example WinMerge. This program lets you install into the Windows explorer, so that you can select one file, right click and select to compare to, then select another file anywhere else, and rightlcick and select compar. This will pop up a two-pane window with the files side by side for comparison, and merging the whole file, or line by line, or leace as is.

      The program also lets you compare two folders (including subfolders), which will then display two panes with filellists, each file marked as "identical" or "different" or "exists only in left or right folder".

      Look at "http://winmerge.org" for a free download. WinMerge is donation ware.

      Cheers,

      Eb