Match Brackets not working with double or single quotes

  • mycroftj
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 15, 2012
      * Improved the Match Brackets feature. Now also works with double quotes (smart and straight). When searching for "straight double quotes", place the cursor in the text between them.

      NTL 7.01
      I have the following line. I place the cursor within the bracketed strings and press Control-m. The first three get message saying "matching brackets or quotes cannot be found" but the last three work fine.

      "brackets NOT matched" 'brackets NOT matched' [brackets matched] {brackets matched} <brackets matched>

      Joy
    • flo.gehrke
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 15, 2012
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "mycroftj" <mycroftj@...> wrote:

        > I have the following line. I place the cursor within the bracketed
        > strings and press Control-m. The first three get message
        > saying "matching brackets or quotes cannot be found" but the last
        > three work fine.
        >
        > "brackets NOT matched" 'brackets NOT matched' [brackets matched]
        > {brackets matched} <brackets matched>

        See 'Help > Help Topics > Reference Information > Menu Commands > Search Menu':

        > Match Brackets: Finds the matching bracket or double
        > quote. The following characters are supported by this
        > feature: (<[{"«" "»"}]>)

        The characters used in your #2 are not supported. For me, it works fine with all the other examples.

        Regards,
        Flo
      • Eric Fookes
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 15, 2012
          Hi Joy,

          > * Improved the Match Brackets feature. Now also works with double
          > quotes (smart and straight). When searching for "straight double
          > quotes", place the cursor in the text between them.
          >
          > NTL 7.01 I have the following line. I place the cursor within the
          > bracketed strings and press Control-m. The first three get message
          > saying "matching brackets or quotes cannot be found" but the last
          > three work fine.
          >
          > "brackets NOT matched" 'brackets NOT matched' [brackets matched]
          > {brackets matched} <brackets matched>

          Single quotes are not included in the list. That's because they are
          easily confused with apostrophe characters.

          However, I do see that the first double quote does not get selected in
          NoteTab Light. That is a bug. It works fine in NoteTab Pro though.

          Eric Fookes
          http://www.fookes.com/
        • mycroftj
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 15, 2012

            > Hi Joy,
            >
            > > * Improved the Match Brackets feature. Now also works with double
            > > quotes (smart and straight). When searching for "straight double
            > > quotes", place the cursor in the text between them.
            > >
            > > NTL 7.01 I have the following line. I place the cursor within the
            > > bracketed strings and press Control-m. The first three get message
            > > saying "matching brackets or quotes cannot be found" but the last
            > > three work fine.
            > >
            > > "brackets NOT matched" 'brackets NOT matched' [brackets matched]
            > > {brackets matched} <brackets matched>
            >
            > Single quotes are not included in the list. That's because they are
            > easily confused with apostrophe characters.
            >
            > However, I do see that the first double quote does not get selected in
            > NoteTab Light. That is a bug. It works fine in NoteTab Pro though.
            >
            > --
            > Regards,
            >
            > Eric Fookes
            > http://www.fookes.com/

            Yes, my mistake. I read it wrong. Not single quotes.