Re: [NTB] NTB/RegEx FormFeed Bug

  • Eric Fookes
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 6, 2012
      Hi Art and John,

      NoteTab uses the PCRE_BSR_ANYCRLF compile switch, which is why the form
      feed character is not included in the \R match.

      Eric Fookes
      http://www.fookes.com/

      On 05/08/2012 13:05, John Shotsky wrote:
      > According to the PCRE help, there is a compile switch that forces only CR and LF to be recognized in the \R sequence.
      > There is a command to override that switch, but I don't know how to use it.
      >
      > Regards,
      > John
      >
      > At 8/5/2012 01:51 AM, John wrote:
      >> You can get rid of those with:
      >> ^!Replace "\f" >> "" ARSW
      >
      > Yes, I know. Already coded workaround.
      >
      > My post was a bug report only.
      >
      > Art
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 6, 2012
        You could use (*BSR_UNICODE) at the start of your pattern to invoke the alternative setting. Can be slightly problematic since \85 is an ellipsis in Windows ANSI for most or all Western languages, but the rest of the Unicode line ends are ok even in non-UTF-8 mode.

        Hi all...!

        Regards,
        Sheri

        Sent from my Nook Color device
      • Sheri
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 6, 2012
          Sorry, meant \x85, not \85.

          Sheri <silvermoonwoman@...> wrote:

          >You could use (*BSR_UNICODE) at the start of your pattern to invoke the alternative setting. Can be slightly problematic since \85 is an ellipsis in Windows ANSI for most or all Western languages, but the rest of the Unicode line ends are ok even in non-UTF-8 mode.
          >
          >Hi all...!
          >
          >Regards,
          >Sheri
          >
          >Sent from my Nook Color device
        • flo.gehrke
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 6, 2012

            > According to the PCRE help, there is a compile switch that
            > forces only CR and LF to be recognized in the \R sequence.
            > There is a command to override that switch, but I don't
            > know how to use it.

            --- corrigendum ---

            Here is a small test:

            ^!InsertText Peter^PPaul^PMary^%PAGE%
            ^!Jump -3
            ^!Find "(*BSR_UNICODE)Mary\R" RS

            You will see NT matching 'Mary' plus FF now.

            If (*BSR_ANYCRLF) is active, the alternatives for matching FF are.

            \f
            \cl
            \x0C
            \014