Re: [NTB] HTML Related Codes Missing in V.7 vs V.6

  • alev.yadigar
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 5, 2012
      Thank you for that Greg.

      I appreciate very much if you could please show me how to customise the library to bring back the feature I heavily use almost every other day.

      Otherwise, I need to discard V.7 and start using V.6 which may sound like what a waste

      kind regards

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Greg Chapman <gregchapmanuk@...> wrote:

      > Hi Alev,
      >
      > On 04 Aug 12 09:17 "alev.yadigar" <alev.yadigar@...> said:
      > > Font color ?
      > > Hyper Link Creation button menu: "Target" To open in another
      > > window?
      > >
      > > And perhaps many more I used to use
      > >
      > > Anyone knows if they are really missing or placed under another
      > > function?
      > >
      > > Or just forgotten and will be added witha minor update later on?
      >
      > I haven't installed NoteTab 7 yet so haven't checked on all the
      > changes, but from what I read elsewhere they are missing for the 7.0
      > release. This was because many of the old clips in the clipbook dated
      > from HTML3.2 days and included code that did not validate under a
      > HTML4.01 STRICT doctype, which after all goes back to 1997, so is
      > hardly cutting edge.
      >
      > On your two examples, font-colour should be done through CSS, not HTML
      > and in these days of tabbed browsers it is expected that you should
      > allow a user to choose how to open a link. (True - the attribute has
      > been removed from the deprecated list under HTML5 but its intended use
      > is severely restricted compared to HTML3.2.)
      >
      > If you still use very old coding techniques then you may, of course,
      > customise the library to bring back the feature you are familiar with.
      >
      > Greg

    • Don
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 6, 2012
        Just copy the prior library, rename it and install it in v7 ... it's
        that simple for you I think.

        On 8/6/2012 2:42 AM, alev.yadigar wrote:
        > Thank you for that Greg.
        >
        > I appreciate very much if you could please show me how to customise the library to bring back the feature I heavily use almost every other day.
        >
        > Otherwise, I need to discard V.7 and start using V.6 which may sound like what a waste
        >
        > kind regards
      • alev.yadigar
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 7, 2012
          It is not so simple for me if we are talking about the same point:

          I can only use Bootstrap Clipbar In V.7
          I want to use HTML-1 Clipbar of V.6.2 in V.7
          http://i.imgur.com/1guu8.jpg (V.6.2 screenshot)

          please show me how to have the HTML-1 Clipbar in V.7 please

          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Don <don@...> wrote:

          > Just copy the prior library, rename it and install it in v7 ... it's
          > that simple for you I think.
          >
          > On 8/6/2012 2:42 AM, alev.yadigar wrote:
          > > Thank you for that Greg.
          > >
          > > I appreciate very much if you could please show me how to customise the library to bring back the feature I heavily use almost every other day.
          > >
          > > Otherwise, I need to discard V.7 and start using V.6 which may sound like what a waste
          > >
          > > kind regards

        • Eric Fookes
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 7, 2012
            Hi Alev,

            > Hyper Link Creation button menu: "Target" To open in another window ?

            This option will be re-instated in the upcoming NoteTab 7.01 maintenance
            release.

            Eric Fookes
            http://www.fookes.com/