RE: [NTB] NTB/RegEx FormFeed Bug

  • Art Kocsis
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 5 3:21 AM
      At 8/5/2012 01:51 AM, John wrote:
      >You can get rid of those with:
      >^!Replace "\f" >> "" ARSW

      Yes, I know. Already coded workaround.

      My post was a bug report only.

      Art
    • John Shotsky
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 5 4:05 AM
        According to the PCRE help, there is a compile switch that forces only CR and LF to be recognized in the \R sequence.
        There is a command to override that switch, but I don't know how to use it.

        Regards,
        John

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 6 6:50 AM
          Hi Art and John,

          NoteTab uses the PCRE_BSR_ANYCRLF compile switch, which is why the form
          feed character is not included in the \R match.

          Eric Fookes
          http://www.fookes.com/

          On 05/08/2012 13:05, John Shotsky wrote:
          > According to the PCRE help, there is a compile switch that forces only CR and LF to be recognized in the \R sequence.
          > There is a command to override that switch, but I don't know how to use it.
          >
          > Regards,
          > John
          >
          > At 8/5/2012 01:51 AM, John wrote:
          >> You can get rid of those with:
          >> ^!Replace "\f" >> "" ARSW
          >
          > Yes, I know. Already coded workaround.
          >
          > My post was a bug report only.
          >
          > Art
        • Sheri
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 6 7:56 AM
            You could use (*BSR_UNICODE) at the start of your pattern to invoke the alternative setting. Can be slightly problematic since \85 is an ellipsis in Windows ANSI for most or all Western languages, but the rest of the Unicode line ends are ok even in non-UTF-8 mode.

            Hi all...!

            Regards,
            Sheri

            Sent from my Nook Color device
          • Sheri
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 6 8:02 AM
              Sorry, meant \x85, not \85.

              Sheri <silvermoonwoman@...> wrote:

              >You could use (*BSR_UNICODE) at the start of your pattern to invoke the alternative setting. Can be slightly problematic since \85 is an ellipsis in Windows ANSI for most or all Western languages, but the rest of the Unicode line ends are ok even in non-UTF-8 mode.
              >
              >Hi all...!
              >
              >Regards,
              >Sheri
              >
              >Sent from my Nook Color device
            • flo.gehrke
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 6 9:38 AM

                > According to the PCRE help, there is a compile switch that
                > forces only CR and LF to be recognized in the \R sequence.
                > There is a command to override that switch, but I don't
                > know how to use it.

                --- corrigendum ---

                Here is a small test:

                ^!InsertText Peter^PPaul^PMary^%PAGE%
                ^!Jump -3
                ^!Find "(*BSR_UNICODE)Mary\R" RS

                You will see NT matching 'Mary' plus FF now.

                If (*BSR_ANYCRLF) is active, the alternatives for matching FF are.

                \f
                \cl
                \x0C
                \014