RE: [NTB] DOS Graphics Fonts

  • Art Kocsis
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 4, 2012
      At 8/4/2012 06:48 PM, John wrote:
      >I use the html codes for oddball characters in NoteTab. When viewed in
      >a browser, they display correctly.

      I am sure that they do but since I am starting with a browser text capture
      and my purpose was to view it in NTB, that doesn't help.

      I'll just write a clip to convert to "|"s and "+"s. That will be readable
      enough.

      Art
    • Wayne
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 21, 2012
        You might be interested in a font called ASCII.TTF
        from http://www.apollosoft.de/ASCII/indexen.htm

        It has the old DOS characters in the the extended ASCII range.
        I am not sure why it works in some programs and not others.
        (It works in NoteTab as long as Dos ASCII is NOT checked in
        document properties. I would have expected the opposite; but
        I don't understand what that option actually does.)

        I wish I had a compressed (narrow) version of it. I am
        still searching for any reasonable font, with the old DOS line
        drawing characters, that will print 17 characters per inch
        horizontally while also printing 6-7 lines per inch vertically.

        Wayne VanWeerthuizen