HTML Related Codes Missing in V.7 vs V.6

  • alev.yadigar
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 4, 2012
      Font color ?
      Hyper Link Creation button menu: "Target" To open in another window ?

      And perhaps many more I used to use

      Anyone knows if they are really missing or placed under another function?

      Or just forgotten and will be added witha minor update later on?
    • Greg Chapman
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 5, 2012
        Hi Alev,

        On 04 Aug 12 09:17 "alev.yadigar" <alev.yadigar@...> said:
        > Font color ?
        > Hyper Link Creation button menu: "Target" To open in another
        > window?
        >
        > And perhaps many more I used to use
        >
        > Anyone knows if they are really missing or placed under another
        > function?
        >
        > Or just forgotten and will be added witha minor update later on?

        I haven't installed NoteTab 7 yet so haven't checked on all the
        changes, but from what I read elsewhere they are missing for the 7.0
        release. This was because many of the old clips in the clipbook dated
        from HTML3.2 days and included code that did not validate under a
        HTML4.01 STRICT doctype, which after all goes back to 1997, so is
        hardly cutting edge.

        On your two examples, font-colour should be done through CSS, not HTML
        and in these days of tabbed browsers it is expected that you should
        allow a user to choose how to open a link. (True - the attribute has
        been removed from the deprecated list under HTML5 but its intended use
        is severely restricted compared to HTML3.2.)

        If you still use very old coding techniques then you may, of course,
        customise the library to bring back the feature you are familiar with.

        Greg
      • alev.yadigar
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 5, 2012
          Thank you for that Greg.

          I appreciate very much if you could please show me how to customise the library to bring back the feature I heavily use almost every other day.

          Otherwise, I need to discard V.7 and start using V.6 which may sound like what a waste

          kind regards

          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Greg Chapman <gregchapmanuk@...> wrote:

          > Hi Alev,
          >
          > On 04 Aug 12 09:17 "alev.yadigar" <alev.yadigar@...> said:
          > > Font color ?
          > > Hyper Link Creation button menu: "Target" To open in another
          > > window?
          > >
          > > And perhaps many more I used to use
          > >
          > > Anyone knows if they are really missing or placed under another
          > > function?
          > >
          > > Or just forgotten and will be added witha minor update later on?
          >
          > I haven't installed NoteTab 7 yet so haven't checked on all the
          > changes, but from what I read elsewhere they are missing for the 7.0
          > release. This was because many of the old clips in the clipbook dated
          > from HTML3.2 days and included code that did not validate under a
          > HTML4.01 STRICT doctype, which after all goes back to 1997, so is
          > hardly cutting edge.
          >
          > On your two examples, font-colour should be done through CSS, not HTML
          > and in these days of tabbed browsers it is expected that you should
          > allow a user to choose how to open a link. (True - the attribute has
          > been removed from the deprecated list under HTML5 but its intended use
          > is severely restricted compared to HTML3.2.)
          >
          > If you still use very old coding techniques then you may, of course,
          > customise the library to bring back the feature you are familiar with.
          >
          > Greg

        • Don
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 6, 2012
            Just copy the prior library, rename it and install it in v7 ... it's
            that simple for you I think.

            On 8/6/2012 2:42 AM, alev.yadigar wrote:
            > Thank you for that Greg.
            >
            > I appreciate very much if you could please show me how to customise the library to bring back the feature I heavily use almost every other day.
            >
            > Otherwise, I need to discard V.7 and start using V.6 which may sound like what a waste
            >
            > kind regards
          • alev.yadigar
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 7, 2012
              It is not so simple for me if we are talking about the same point:

              I can only use Bootstrap Clipbar In V.7
              I want to use HTML-1 Clipbar of V.6.2 in V.7
              http://i.imgur.com/1guu8.jpg (V.6.2 screenshot)

              please show me how to have the HTML-1 Clipbar in V.7 please

              --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Don <don@...> wrote:

              > Just copy the prior library, rename it and install it in v7 ... it's
              > that simple for you I think.
              >
              > On 8/6/2012 2:42 AM, alev.yadigar wrote:
              > > Thank you for that Greg.
              > >
              > > I appreciate very much if you could please show me how to customise the library to bring back the feature I heavily use almost every other day.
              > >
              > > Otherwise, I need to discard V.7 and start using V.6 which may sound like what a waste
              > >
              > > kind regards

            • Eric Fookes
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 7, 2012
                Hi Alev,

                > Hyper Link Creation button menu: "Target" To open in another window ?

                This option will be re-instated in the upcoming NoteTab 7.01 maintenance
                release.

                Eric Fookes
                http://www.fookes.com/