Minor annoyance with ANSI code display update

  • IrlS
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 27, 2012
      Running NoteTab Light v7.0 on Win7.
      I love the new feature (since I lost QuicKeys with an "upgrade" and now often want to be able to discover the ANSI code for use with the alt+ entry method). However, after selecting a character and observing its ANSI code, then selecting a different single character, NoteTab Light continues to display the ANSI code from the first character. I have to click somewhere else, then select the new character. Seems odd.
    • Eb
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 8, 2012
        NTPro does not have this bug. This makes me wonder, if the TRIAL version does it correctly at first, and morphs to this bug, or does the trial version have this bug before and after the trial period is over?

        Eb

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "IrlS" <irl1@...> wrote:

        > Running NoteTab Light v7.0 on Win7.
        > I love the new feature (since I lost QuicKeys with an "upgrade" and now often want to be able to discover the ANSI code for use with the alt+ entry method). However, after selecting a character and observing its ANSI code, then selecting a different single character, NoteTab Light continues to display the ANSI code from the first character. I have to click somewhere else, then select the new character. Seems odd.

      • opticsmith
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 9, 2012
          I am confused by your comment about "trial" version. I'm using Note Tab Light, which is the free version. I haven't tried the trial version of NoteTab (or Pro).
          However, I just noticed that the bug does not occur if I select the new character via click, then shift-leftarrow; nor if I click, release, then click-and-drag. It occurs only if I select the new character by click-and-drag. All of these methods result in highlighting the new character, but in the case of the click-and-drag the ANSI display doesn't update. Note also that all except the final method result in the ANSI display going away (replaced by Ready [bytecount...).

          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Eb" <ebbtidalflats@...> wrote:

          > NTPro does not have this bug. This makes me wonder, if the TRIAL version does it correctly at first, and morphs to this bug, or does the trial version have this bug before and after the trial period is over?
          >
          > Eb
          >

          > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "IrlS" <irl1@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Running NoteTab Light v7.0 on Win7.
          > > I love the new feature (since I lost QuicKeys with an "upgrade" and now often want to be able to discover the ANSI code for use with the alt+ entry method). However, after selecting a character and observing its ANSI code, then selecting a different single character, NoteTab Light continues to display the ANSI code from the first character. I have to click somewhere else, then select the new character. Seems odd.

        • Eric Fookes
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 9, 2012
            You'll be pleased to know that this glitch in NTL and NTS will be fixed
            in the upcoming 7.01 update...

            Eric Fookes
            http://www.fookes.com/

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 11, 2012
              If you elect to try the Free Trial of NoteTab Pro, you will at first have a Pro version to try out, and after 30 days it will lose the pro features, and continue to run as NoteTab Light. At least that what the trial version USED to do, before Eric had a separate Light download.

              Eb

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 15, 2012
                Hi Eb,

                > If you elect to try the Free Trial of NoteTab Pro, you will at first
                > have a Pro version to try out, and after 30 days it will lose the pro
                > features, and continue to run as NoteTab Light. At least that what
                > the trial version USED to do, before Eric had a separate Light
                > download.

                Nope. It's never done that. The trial version of NoteTab Pro runs for 30
                days. After that time it simply stops working.

                NoteTab Light offers most features of NoteTab Std during 30 days when
                the trial option is turned on. After that time it reverts back to
                NoteTab Light.

                Eric Fookes
                http://www.fookes.com/
              • Eb
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 17, 2012
                  Who am I to argue with the originaltor?!

                  But I would have bet money (at least 5o cents), that a download, by whatever name, possibly "NoteTab Light", offered to [optionally] install the Pro features as trial, and then reverted to Light after the 30 days were up.

                  Maybe I was into too many cups?

                  Eb

                  > Hi Eb,
                  >
                  > > If you elect to try the Free Trial of NoteTab Pro, you will at first
                  > > have a Pro version to try out, and after 30 days it will lose the pro
                  > > features, and continue to run as NoteTab Light. At least that what
                  > > the trial version USED to do, before Eric had a separate Light
                  > > download.
                  >
                  > Nope. It's never done that. The trial version of NoteTab Pro runs for 30
                  > days. After that time it simply stops working.
                  >
                  > NoteTab Light offers most features of NoteTab Std during 30 days when
                  > the trial option is turned on. After that time it reverts back to
                  > NoteTab Light.
                  >
                  > --
                  > Regards,
                  >
                  > Eric Fookes
                  > http://www.fookes.com/

                • John Shotsky
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 17, 2012
                    Pro and std/lite use different input mechanisms, so Pro could not devolve into standard or lite.

                    Regards,
                    John

                    --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com <mailto:notetab%40yahoogroups.com> , Eric Fookes <egroups@...> wrote:

                    > Hi Eb,
                    >
                    > > If you elect to try the Free Trial of NoteTab Pro, you will at first
                    > > have a Pro version to try out, and after 30 days it will lose the pro
                    > > features, and continue to run as NoteTab Light. At least that what
                    > > the trial version USED to do, before Eric had a separate Light
                    > > download.
                    >
                    > Nope. It's never done that. The trial version of NoteTab Pro runs for 30
                    > days. After that time it simply stops working.
                    >
                    > NoteTab Light offers most features of NoteTab Std during 30 days when
                    > the trial option is turned on. After that time it reverts back to
                    > NoteTab Light.
                    >
                    > --
                    > Regards,
                    >
                    > Eric Fookes
                    > http://www.fookes.com/

                  • opticsmith
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 2, 2012
                      'Tis indeed fixed. Excellent! Thanks. (And thanks for a great product in general).
                      Irl