Re: [NTB] Limited font selection option

  • Marcelo Bastos
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 20 2:22 PM
      Interviewed by CNN on 20/07/2012 09:27, John Shotsky told the world:
      > My favorite font for NTP is Vera bitstream sans mono
      > http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/Bitstream-Vera-Sans-Mono
      >
      > It distinguishes nicely between 0,O, and 1,l. I set it for 14 point for all my work, but not for menus clips or tabs.
      > Regards,
      > John

      I have to say I agree wholeheartedly with your choice. I tried a number
      of other monospaced fonts, and I settled on DejaVu Sans Mono, which is
      basically Bitstream Vera Sans Mono with added Unicode glyphs. (The extra
      glyphs don't make any difference in Notetab, but they are useful in
      other programs, so Vera became somewhat redundant...).

      It's a very well-balanced font, I think: it is monospaced without
      looking "mechanical", looks rather good and easy to read in long text,
      but it is unambiguous enough to be useful for coding. Since I often work
      with the raw HTML code of long texts, it's perfect for my needs.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dejavu_fonts
      http://dejavu-fonts.org
      http://dejavu-fonts.org/wiki/index.php?title=Download

      Another monospaced font that I liked a lot (not for Notetab, but for
      code samples and other monospaced inserts in long text, where you might
      WANT a bit more mechanical look) is the Microsoft Consolas font; it
      narrowly displaced my old favourite, Lucida Console.

      --
      MCBastos

      -=-=-
      ... Sent from my smoke signals pit.