How can I stop the title font name from fading on the active tab?

  • brainetree
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 7, 2012
      There's probably a simple solution, but I've been trying for an hour to find it. The font on the NoteTab Light active tab fades so much as to be almost indiscernible. How can I stop the title font from fading on the active tab? Thank you for your help.
    • Bob McAllister
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 7, 2012
        Change the background colour of the tab to something with better contrast.

        View | Options | TabBar | Appearance

        Bob

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 7, 2012
          Thank you Bob, but I did that, but the second I make any change in the contents of the tab, the title font turns from black to white or whitish gray, instead of remaining black.

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 8, 2012
            I still have not received help on this problem, namely that the moment I make any change in the contents of the active tab, the font in the tab name fades to white or whitish gray, instead of
            remaining black, and clearly discernible.

            I don't understand the point of it, and why the title on the active tab cannot remain black and clearly readable without fading.

            Thank you very much for listening.

            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "brainetree" <johntrainor@...> wrote:

            > There's probably a simple solution, but I've been trying for an hour to find it. The font on the NoteTab Light active tab fades so much as to be almost indiscernible. How can I stop the title font from fading on the active tab? Thank you for your help.

          • Harold Noffke
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 9, 2012
              In "Options > Tab Bar > Font", did you change the font Color to Black? I
              never could figure out why the installed color setting was something like
              white-on-teal (as I may mis-recall -- you will have to reinstall to check
              the erroneous color). I've always reset stock fonts to black-on-white, and
              I've never had the problem you report.

              Kind regards,

              RetiredEngineer

              --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com <mailto:notetab%40yahoogroups.com> ,
              "brainetree" <johntrainor@...> wrote:

              > There's probably a simple solution, but I've been trying for an hour to
              find it. The font on the NoteTab Light active tab fades so much as to be
              almost indiscernible. How can I stop the title font from fading on the
              active tab? Thank you for your help.

            • hsavage
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 9, 2012
                On 7/9/2012 9:38 AM, Harold Noffke wrote:
                > In "Options > Tab Bar > Font", did you change the font Color to Black? I
                > never could figure out why the installed color setting was something like
                > white-on-teal (as I may mis-recall -- you will have to reinstall to check
                > the erroneous color). I've always reset stock fonts to
                black-on-white, and
                > I've never had the problem you report.
                >

                > Kind regards,
                >
                > RetiredEngineer

                brainetree,

                Retiredengineer's suggestion about the font is good. Try the color
                combinations below, I've used them for years with no fading problems.

                You can adjust to your taste after testing for readability.

                MENU
                VIEW > OPTIONS > TAB BAR > APPEARANCE

                Appearance

                SELECT COLORS

                ACTIVE bright green
                INACTIVE medium gray/grey
                MODIFIED bright red
                PASTE PAD bright yellow

                FONT COLOR/S

                stark black

                ¤• JD#...191 - ¤• SL...1524 - 12.07.09~11.06.56

                • Why Print This Email?
                • You Wouldn’t Copy A Dvd To Betamax.

                € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
              • Harold Noffke
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 9, 2012
                  Have you ever tried to change the MODIFIED color to anything other than bright red? I used to fiddle with it, and I did check NT7, but the tiny icon remains hard-wired to bright red.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 9, 2012
                    On 7/9/2012 3:07 PM, Harold Noffke wrote:
                    > Have you ever tried to change the MODIFIED color to anything other
                    than bright red?
                    > I used to fiddle with it, and I did check NT7, but the tiny icon
                    remains hard-wired to bright red.

                    Behalf Of hsavage
                    > Sent: Monday, July 09, 2012 12:21 PM
                    > To: notetab@yahoogroups.com
                    > Subject: Re: [NTB] Re: How can I stop the title font name from fading
                    on the active tab?

                    > On 7/9/2012 9:38 AM, Harold Noffke wrote:
                    > In "Options > Tab Bar > Font", did you change the font Color to Black? I
                    > never could figure out why the installed color setting was something like
                    > white-on-teal (as I may mis-recall -- you will have to reinstall to check
                    > the erroneous color). I've always reset stock fonts to
                    black-on-white, and
                    > I've never had the problem you report.

                    Harold,

                    Not sure which tiny icons you mean, will assume you refer to the tab
                    icons. If that's the case I recommend you turn them off, you get better
                    color control without them.

                    MENU:
                    VIEW > OPTIONS > TAB BAR > PROPERTIES
                    Show Tab Icons = unchecked

                    VIEW > OPTIONS > TAB BAR > APPEARANCE
                    Active = bright green
                    Inactive = medium gray/grey
                    Modified = bright red
                    Paste Pad = bright yellow
                    Font Color/s = black

                    With my color scheme, and, without tab icons I get the following;

                    Saved file = grey
                    tab, black text
                    Unsaved, focused file = green tab, red text
                    Unsaved, unfocused file = red tab, black text
                    Unsaved, unfocused Paste Pad = yellow tab black text
                    Unsaved, focused Paste Pad = yellow tab red text
                    Saved, focused Paste Pad = yellow tab black text

                    All tabs are very clear and easy to read.

                    ¤• JD#...191 - ¤• SL...1526 - 12.07.09~17.58.52

                    • Wise Men Don't Need Advice.
                    • Fools Won't Take It.

                    € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
                  • Harold Noffke
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 9, 2012
                      Thank-you, J.

                      I replaced NotePad with NoteTab over decade ago, but never realized turning tab icons OFF turned tab colors ON.

                      Kind regards,

                      Harold

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 9, 2012
                        On 7/9/2012 7:27 PM, Harold Noffke wrote:
                        > Thank-you, J.
                        >
                        > I replaced NotePad with NoteTab over decade ago, but never
                        > realized turning tab icons OFF turned tab colors ON.
                        >
                        > Kind regards,
                        >
                        > Harold

                        Harold,

                        My name is Harvey, the JD in my sigline, I assume that's where you got
                        the J, abbreviates Julian
                        Date.

                        I've used 'NoteTab Pro' since it was named 'Super Notetab', don't know
                        how long ago that was.

                        ¤• JD#...191 - ¤• SL...1528 - 12.07.09~22.14.36

                        • Without Vision, We Are Blind To Opportunity.

                        € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com