Re: NoteTab7 Not Registering Itself With Windows W7x64

  • S or J
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 7 12:12 PM
      Hi Eric

      Yes, both 6 and then 7 were installed in the same folder.

      That would likely mean that 7 replaced some 6 components with entirely
      new ones, but perhaps the same name. A subsequent XP Remove Program
      command applied to what it thought was 6 would then have crippled 7.

      It is not the first time that System Restore has saved the day after a
      poor choice on my part.

      7 works fine now and I have a big hard drive so I really don't care
      now if anything actually remains from 6. (Probably not as much space
      as XP's Add or Remove Programs thinks, if the 7 install overwrote
      lots/most of 6's files.)

      Thank you for not only creating a world class program, but going to
      extraordinary lengths to improve it and help users.

      regards
      Steve Bachanek in Thunder Bay, Ontario

      -------

      On Fri Jul 6, 2012 Eric Fookes wrote:
      Hi Steve,
      Thanks for your feedback. Had you installed both versions in the same
      folder?
      Regards,
      Eric Fookes
      http://www.fookes.com/