Re: At last! NoteTab 7 Final released

  • elibrarian22
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 5, 2012
      Hi -

      I can't get the update to work, when I click the "Did you buy Notetab
      before 2012" link in my Notetab Pro 6.2, I just get this page:

      [457]
      Regards,

      Kim N. Jensen
      Denmark

      > Dear Notetabber,
      >
      > I'm happy to announce that NoteTab 7 has now been officially released.
      > There were a few hiccups after uploading the new site a few hours ago,
      > but these have now hopefully all been fixed.
      >
      > Please visit the following page for upgrade instructions:
      > http://www.notetab.com/upgrade.php
      >
      > Or go here if you just want to upgrade NoteTab Light:
      > http://www.notetab.com/download-now.php
      >
      > Please tell your friends about NoteTab 7. If you need help to convince
      > them, visit one of the following pages. They explain how NoteTab
      differs
      > from competing products:
      >
      > 10 Great Reasons Why You'll Love This Text Editor:
      > http://www.notetab.com/text-editor.php
      >
      > This Prize-Winning HTML Editor Does It All and Saves Time!
      > http://www.notetab.com/html-editor.php
      >
      > Enjoy!
      >
      > --
      > Regards,
      >
      > Eric Fookes
      > http://www.notetab.com/

    • elibrarian22
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 5, 2012
        Oh, well, my screendump disappeared. It's a page stating that you take various creditcards and Paypal, and everything is secured by Norton, but no payment possibilities whatsoever.

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "elibrarian22" <kim@...> wrote:

        > Hi -
        >
        > I can't get the update to work, when I click the "Did you buy Notetab
        > before 2012" link in my Notetab Pro 6.2, I just get this page:
        >

        > [457]
        > Regards,
        >
        > Kim N. Jensen
        > Denmark
        >

        > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Eric Fookes <egroups@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Dear Notetabber,
        > >
        > > I'm happy to announce that NoteTab 7 has now been officially released.
        > > There were a few hiccups after uploading the new site a few hours ago,
        > > but these have now hopefully all been fixed.
        > >
        > > Please visit the following page for upgrade instructions:
        > > http://www.notetab.com/upgrade.php
        > >
        > > Or go here if you just want to upgrade NoteTab Light:
        > > http://www.notetab.com/download-now.php
        > >
        > > Please tell your friends about NoteTab 7. If you need help to convince
        > > them, visit one of the following pages. They explain how NoteTab
        > differs
        > > from competing products:
        > >
        > > 10 Great Reasons Why You'll Love This Text Editor:
        > > http://www.notetab.com/text-editor.php
        > >
        > > This Prize-Winning HTML Editor Does It All and Saves Time!
        > > http://www.notetab.com/html-editor.php
        > >
        > > Enjoy!
        > >
        > > --
        > > Regards,
        > >
        > > Eric Fookes
        > > http://www.notetab.com/

      • Eric Fookes
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 5, 2012
          Hi Kim,

          Please contact our Helpdesk with your order details and we'll get you
          sorted out :)

          http://www.notetab.com/contact-us.php

          Eric Fookes
          http://www.fookes.com/

          On 05/07/2012 09:19, elibrarian22 wrote:
          > Hi -
          >
          > I can't get the update to work, when I click the "Did you buy Notetab
          > before 2012" link in my Notetab Pro 6.2, I just get this page:
          >

          > [457]
          > Regards,
          >
          > Kim N. Jensen
          > Denmark
        • elibrarian22
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 5, 2012
            I solved it. Tried the upgrade link from notetab on another machine, and it went smoothly. Funny thing is, both machines use same firewall, same antivirus, same OS, except it's Windows 7 Home on the machine, that wouldn't do it, and Pro on the other. Hm.

            Regards,

            Kim

            > Hi Kim,
            >
            > Please contact our Helpdesk with your order details and we'll get you
            > sorted out :)
            >
            > http://www.notetab.com/contact-us.php
            >
            > --
            > Regards,
            >
            > Eric Fookes
            > http://www.fookes.com/
            >
            > On 05/07/2012 09:19, elibrarian22 wrote:
            > > Hi -
            > >
            > > I can't get the update to work, when I click the "Did you buy Notetab
            > > before 2012" link in my Notetab Pro 6.2, I just get this page:
            > >

            > > [457]
            > > Regards,
            > >
            > > Kim N. Jensen
            > > Denmark

          • stitch.happy
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 6, 2012
              For those of you using Norton Security Suite, the software downloaded may be quarantined due to "reputation". This is an all-purpose category for software that hasn't been used by a lot of users. Tracing through the detail information it seems that Norton invites software developers to try to white-list their software via the link : https://submit.symantec.com/whitelist/isv/

              The path I took to get the file was where I was getting a free upgrade because I bought version 6.2 in 2012.

              I was able to restore the installation file from quarantine via instructions provided by Norton.

              Bev E.