Looking for repetitive words in a single line

  • biwilliams
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2012
      Hi again,
      Since I was last here, I have had great success in editing the thousands of lines of text I'm working on, thanks to the help of the good folks in this group.
      So, if you were one of those who helped me out.... thanks again!
      Now, I have a new question.
      I have lines of data where a word (or even a series of words) will recur within a single line.
      It is no longer necessary for these repetitions to be kept in the database. What I would like to do is structure a regex that basically looks at a line of text and says "if any complete word is repeated, remove the left most ocurrence".
      Is that do-able?
      Thanks in advance.
      Cheers,
      Bruce.