Re: find & replace

  • Eb
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2012
      Milan,

      The tokens you can place in a find/replace string must be non-printable characters. CHaracters that are present in text.

      To find specific ones, enter them in the text, select the text that includes the target character, and execute a FIND via the search menu.

      The selection will display in the find window, and show you the token "^x" where x is the second part of the token, such as "p" in "^P.

      To delete a line, that contains a target string, it would help to learn about regular expressions. However, if you get NoteTab 5 (upcoming, see Eric's note), you'll be able to find simple patterns using the wildcard option for replacing.

      A sinple case, using regular expressions, for example, to delete a line containing the word "target" would be:

      ^'*target.*$ in the find pane, and nothing (empty string) in the replace pane.

      The wildcard option (NT 7) might be handled with:

      Find: ^P**target**^P
      Replace: ^P

      I'll leave the explanation for finding "this" but not "that" to one of the regexperts to explain.

      Cheers,

      Eb