RE: [NTB] What is it you like most about NoteTab?

  • Richard Hartman
    Message 1 of 24 , Jun 16, 2012
      Eric,

      As a many-year user of TextPad, I was reluctant to change to NoteTab until John Shotsky developed Recipeclips under Notetab. I am ever impressed by John's work and imagine I'll be a long-term Notetab user once I learn to take advantage of its power and clip capabilities. I'm looking forward to installing NoteTab 7 to replace NoteTab Pro 6.2 in the near future.

      Regards,

      Richard Hartman
      Springfield, Virginia, USA
      exbigiron@...

      Message 2 of 24 , Jun 16, 2012
        Interviewed by CNN on 16/06/2012 15:41, Bill Salyers told the world:
        > The excellence of NoteTab has led me to examine and on occasion to try some of uour other software. Managing email files is a major nuisance. Now that Microsoft no longer supports Outlook Express, I have no easy way to retrieve my old address book or email arvhives. I have a great reluctance to activate Windows Live apps, especially since I want to maintain full control of my files and not have them hiding in the "clour."

        Microsoft stopped supporting Outlook Express for a very good reason: it
        was crap. It used proprietary file formats that often got corrupted (and
        then nobody could fix), it didn't have a spam filter, it was designed in
        a way that was just about the *most insecure* model you could think of
        (it actually allowed a message to install software automatically *on
        purpose* originally). Windows Mail/Live Mail, which replaced OE, are
        somewhat better, but I still don't recommend them. I should note,
        however, that neither stores your data "in the cloud:" they store
        messages locally (in a one-message-per-file scheme somewhat similar to
        Maildir, which is far better than the old proprietary format in OE) and
        contacts are saved in "Windows Contacts" on Vista/Win7. Well, unless you
        are using IMAP, that is; in that case, the main storage is "in the
        cloud" regardless of the client you use.

        Anyway, there are lots of other mail programs available, most of them
        free. Mozilla Thunderbird, The Bat!, Alpine, Novell Evolution, Pegasus,
        Eudora, Claws, Mutt, Sylpheed, Zimbra, Opera, Seamonkey, even MS Office
        Outlook... one of them might please you.

        But converting your old mail stores from OE is a bit of a pain, if you
        no longer are in Windows XP. AFAIK, you have to first import them to
        Windows Mail or Live Mail (which, in Win7, implies installing Live Mail
        first, even if you don't want it), and then use whatever feature your
        new mail client has to import the messages from Live Mail via MAPI.

        --
        MCBastos

        -=-=-
        ... Sent from my HP LaserJet.
      • Robert Bull
        Message 3 of 24 , Jun 16, 2012
          Hello, Eric;

          Saturday, June 16, 2012, 6:32:46 PM, you wrote:

          EF> 1. What do you mostly use NoteTab for? (HTML editing, copywriting,
          EF> note taking, poetry, data processing, ...)
          General text editing, which at present is mostly forum posts (I use
          freeware Text Editor Anywhere by Bopsoft to transfer text back and
          forth between Web forms and NTP; before that came out, I used the It's
          All Text! extension for Firefox)

          EF> 2. What is it you like most about NoteTab?
          It has pretty much all the features I normally want in an editor, that
          I can actually expect to find in a native Windows editor, not all of
          them implemented the way I'd like.

          EF> 3. Which NoteTab feature(s) do you use the most?
          The Clipbook, especially the couple I've made for my own use; spell
          checking; multi-level undo/backup; favourite files; tabbed multi-file
          editing.

          EF> 4. Which NoteTab feature would you miss the most if you had to use
          EF> another editor?
          Clipbook libraries I've made myself.

          EF> 5. Which feature do you miss the most in NoteTab that competing
          EF> editors offer?
          Since Gates misappropriated WordStar keys, I haven't really found a
          native Windows editor that I can commit to as completely as VDE, my
          DOS editor. Features other Windows editors have that I'd like: toggle
          bookmarks; backup files based on a specified root directory; both of
          which I've stated before. I keep a copy of freeware Crimson Editor
          around because it has a nice column mode, though I used that more when
          I was at work. And, I'd like simple "learn by example" macros, meaning
          that you walk through a set of actions with the editor recording them,
          and play them back as many times as required. Clipbooks have to be
          written from scratch with an organised mind, and sometimes it's just
          easier to just record and repeat, especially when it's a one-off
          requirement.

          EF> 6. What is the top benefit you get from using NoteTab?
          Convenience, I suppose, as far as Windows allows it, and consistency
          conferred by using Clipbook libraries.

          Robert Bull
          mailto:barlennan@...
        • Marcelo Bastos
          Message 4 of 24 , Jun 16, 2012
            Interviewed by CNN on 16/06/2012 14:32, Eric Fookes told the world:

            > 1. What do you mostly use NoteTab for?
            > (HTML editing, copywriting, note taking, poetry, data processing, ...)

            Hmmm... well, I use it for a lot of stuff, including messing with system
            configuration files and admin scripts. But the set of tasks that take
            most time are HTML-related. I don't do website design, but I do quite a
            lot of converting stories to .epub, and since I'm a bit of a
            perfectionist, that involves making a nice-looking, clean,
            standards-compliant HTML version first.

            > 2. What is it you like most about NoteTab?

            Hard to say. Many of the features I like (tabs, regex, scripting) are
            not unique to NoteTab, but I tried other editors and they didn't feel
            right. One minor feature I use a lot that is not as common is the Paste
            Board -- very handy for joining chapters of a story, particularly one I
            received by e-mail. The clipbook library system, which essentially gives
            me a switchable panel with custom scripts, is very handy too. Being able
            to call Tidy from Notetab, even for an unsaved file, is also very
            convenient -- I developed a number of trick to leverage it to find
            problems in the code, or even in the text itself (for instance, I use
            Tidy to find missing quote marks in dialogue...) Too bad Tidy apparently
            is not being updated anymore... I would love to move fully to HTML5, but
            Tidy chokes on it.

            > 3. Which NoteTab feature(s) do you use the most?

            Clips. Anything I catch myself doing often eventually gets turned into a
            clip. So my HTML editing involves running a lot of clips. Well, I do a
            lot of regexp search-and-replacing when I'm cleaning up bad HTML I
            receive (or the kind exported by Word), too.

            > 4. Which NoteTab feature would you miss the most if you had to use
            > another editor?

            Tidy integration, I think. Most of the other features I use have
            something similar (although it would be a pain to convert all the clips
            into the other program's script language).

            > 5. Which feature do you miss the most in NoteTab that competing editors
            > offer?

            Full UTF-8 Unicode support, hands down.

            > 6. What is the top benefit you get from using NoteTab?

            Time saving.

            --
            MCBastos

            use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.
            -=-=-
            ... Sent from my Burberry.
          • Robert Bull
            Message 5 of 24 , Jun 16, 2012
              RB> Saturday, June 16, 2012, 6:32:46 PM, you wrote:

              EF>> 3. Which NoteTab feature(s) do you use the most?
              RB> The Clipbook, especially the couple I've made for my own use;

              I should add that I like the fact that the Clipbook system is built
              into NT and comes along with it, as it were, along with its own
              extensive Help. That is, you don't have to go off and find a book on
              Javascript or VB or Lua or something just because those are the macro
              languages the editor understands.

              Robert Bull
              mailto:barlennan@...
            • Jeffery Scism
              Message 6 of 24 , Jun 16, 2012
                On 6/16/2012 10:32 AM, Eric Fookes wrote:
                > Dear Notetabber,
                >
                > I'd love to have your opinion. Can you spare me a minute and reply to
                > this email?
                >
                > Your answers to the following questions will help me develop the copy
                > for the new NoteTab website. They will also give me guidance for future
                > program enhancements.
                >
                > 1. What do you mostly use NoteTab for?
                > (HTML editing, copywriting, note taking, poetry, data processing, ...)

                HTML editing and Clipboard/extracting data for Genealogy
                > 2. What is it you like most about NoteTab?

                HTML features, global search and change, and integration.

                > 3. Which NoteTab feature(s) do you use the most?

                Global search/replace. Clipbook

                > 4. Which NoteTab feature would you miss the most if you had to use
                > another editor?

                Clipbook.

                > 5. Which feature do you miss the most in NoteTab that competing editors
                > offer?

                Unknown, I see no need to investigate other software.

                > 6. What is the top benefit you get from using NoteTab?

                Ease of use.

                > Feel free to share your answers in this discussion group. You can also
                > send them to me directly at eric.fookes@... if you prefer. Thanks!

                Does need a better REG-EX tutorial though.
              • Don
                Message 7 of 24 , Jun 16, 2012
                  Yes and I also use join and capitalize and single tab features under the
                  modify menu for example. Very nice.

                  On 6/16/2012 4:16 PM, Marcelo Bastos wrote:
                  > One minor feature I use a lot that is not as common is the Paste
                  > Board -- very handy for joining chapters of a story, particularly one I
                  > received by e-mail.
                • Jeffery Scism
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jun 16, 2012
                    RE: Open Document search Vs. Directory search.

                    I like BOTH functions - but the open document search allows you to copy
                    from the document or the Clipbook when the wizard is open, which means
                    less use of tokens when doing replacements. The Directory search
                    function ( In NoteTab Standard) will not let you do this and when
                    working with many docs in a directory , requires tokens. ( SOMETIMES
                    the replace wizard will not find the highlighted text in the open
                    document you select from.) what I would like to see to improve this is a
                    check box in the REPLACE dialog that allows the same search to be
                    applied to directories, and a SET Screen Update on/off option as a
                    check box in the Replace dialog. If i have a lot of open docs and do a
                    replace I have to manually approve the save of each one and THAT can
                    take a while. So a SAVE ALL option upon completion of processing would
                    be nice. I really the ability to have silent replace when using clips,
                    but would like to have a search/replace access to call a clip from the
                    open clipbar to get the replace text. That would save a lot of back and
                    forth-ing. (Enter search term by manual or highlighting, and click on
                    a clip to find and process all matching text with that clip) RECORDING
                    a Macro would also be nice for repeated multitasks:) How about being
                    able to drag a clip to the REPLACE With box?

                    Jeff Scism
                  • Jeffery Scism
                    Message 9 of 24 , Jun 16, 2012
                      I note that the NoteTab sites recommend XENU Link Sleuth. Which I use.

                      I would like NoteTab to beable to have the option of opening teh Xenu
                      report and the referenced pages EITHER in the browser OR in NoteTab as
                      an option. It would make finding & fixing broken links a lot quicker

                      Jeff
                    • Jeffery Scism
                      Message 10 of 24 , Jun 16, 2012
                        On 6/16/2012 2:12 PM, Don wrote:
                        > Yes and I also use join and capitalize and single tab features under the
                        > modify menu for example. Very nice.
                        YES! the MODIFY menu is SUPER.

                        Jeff
                      • Gerard Huijing
                        Message 11 of 24 , Jun 16, 2012
                          On 16-6-2012 19:32, Eric Fookes wrote:

                          > 1. What do you mostly use NoteTab for?
                          > (HTML editing, copywriting, note taking, poetry, data processing, ...)

                          Just about anything to do with unformatted text. My ideal is to do away
                          with word processors altogether, maybe except for the very last stage,
                          actually converting to some kind of formatted text.

                          I may be able to achieve that best under Unix/Linux with vi(m) and
                          LaTex, but I have never tried the combination. I do use vi(m) a lot
                          though. Besides, I prefer dedicated Windows applications when under Windows.

                          > 2. What is it you like most about NoteTab?

                          That NTB offers many, easy to access features for working with
                          unformatted text. I am not a programmer, nor an html coder nor anything
                          like that. I like that part of NTB too, but I do not really need it. For
                          me those 'techy' features are just (very handy) fun really.

                          > 3. Which NoteTab feature(s) do you use the most?

                          Pasteboard, Outline, working with files in multiple tabs simultaneously,
                          search (and replace), renaming + deleting files from inside NTB.

                          > 4. Which NoteTab feature would you miss the most if you had to use
                          > another editor?

                          See 3, but other editors do have at least some of these features but not
                          all.

                          > 5. Which feature do you miss the most in NoteTab that competing editors
                          > offer?

                          See also ad 1. Being able to work with Unicode.

                          > 6. What is the top benefit you get from using NoteTab?

                          It is one of the best ways I know of working with plain text files.

                          --
                          Gerard (E.G.P.) Huijing
                          2312 ZD Leiden
                          Message 12 of 24 , Jun 17, 2012
                            --- On Sat, 6/16/12, Eric Fookes <egroups@...> wrote:

                            > 1. What do you mostly use NoteTab for?

                            HTML editing, data processing, fixing eMails

                            > 2. What is it you like most about NoteTab?

                            Clips

                            > 3. Which NoteTab feature(s) do you use the most?

                            probably tie, clips & Regex

                            > 4. Which NoteTab feature would you miss the most if you had to use
                            another editor?

                            This support group: I hope the regulars are getting a free upgrade.
                            IMHO they deserve it

                            > 5. Which feature do you miss the most in NoteTab that competing editors
                            offer?

                            UNICODE !

                            > 6. What is the top benefit you get from using NoteTab?

                            Handy, everything you need is included IF not always in the most
                            logical place
                          • elibrarian22
                            Message 13 of 24 , Jun 17, 2012

                              > 1. What do you mostly use NoteTab for?
                              > (HTML editing, copywriting, note taking, poetry, data processing, ...)

                              epub preprocessing (finish done in Sigil)

                              > 2. What is it you like most about NoteTab?

                              Clip-language, stability, fast automated processing of large files (in the pro-version, as far as I remember, the Free edition was somewhat slow - but haven't used the free edition for years now). By the way, "Large files" to me is up to 1 or 2 mb, which probably isn't that large, but thatøs what books like Les Miserables and The Count of Monte Cristo amount to :o)

                              > 3. Which NoteTab feature(s) do you use the most?

                              A couple of highly specialised clipbooks, regex.

                              > 4. Which NoteTab feature would you miss the most if you had to use
                              > another editor?

                              Clips, regex.

                              > 5. Which feature do you miss the most in NoteTab that competing editors offer?

                              Unicode, the ability to assign keyboard shortcuts to clips (I'm presently running an AutoHotKey script to that end, but would prefer this to be part of Notetab)

                              > 6. What is the top benefit you get from using NoteTab?

                              Can't put words on that - see 2, 3, 4 - but every time I try another editor (and I've tried a lot!), I keep returning to Notetab ...

                              Regards,

                              Kim
                            • Tony Hirtenstein
                              Message 14 of 24 , Jun 17, 2012
                                ; I'd love to have your opinion.

                                All right.

                                ; 1. What do you mostly use NoteTab for?
                                Note taking, especially tracking Internet passwords in an outline file
                                (oops).

                                ; 2. What is it you like most about NoteTab?
                                The outline feature is streets ahead of the ones bundled with word
                                processors, and is easy to use.

                                ; 3. Which NoteTab feature(s) do you use the most?
                                The outliner; the Pasteboard; changing text case; the built-in formulae;
                                plus trying to understand macros through the online groups. OK, I am no
                                programmer!

                                ; 4. Which NoteTab feature would you miss the most if you had to use
                                ; another editor?
                                Ease of use. NoteTab is the first programme I instal on a new computer.
                                --

                                ******************* A.T.Hirtenstein ****************************
                                West Oxfordshire ******************* <tonyh@...>
                                Message 15 of 24 , Jun 17, 2012
                                  I guess I took the below as a given, but it was actually pretty unique
                                  when you first started it. Tab driven programs have now become the norm.

                                  I too use disk search often.

                                  Eventually I'll wish I had listed 90% of the features others are listing
                                  as well. I am enjoying this thread a lot.

                                  On 6/17/2012 2:24 AM, Gerard Huijing wrote:
                                  > working with files in multiple tabs simultaneously
                                • Ray McDowell
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Jun 17, 2012
                                    1. What do you mostly use NoteTab for?
                                    I use it as my plain text pkm;  that is, everything. My writing (with markdown text  markup), my catalogs and lists, todos, notes  idea development and projects.

                                    2. What is it you like most about NoteTab? The wiki style hyperlinks and the clips.

                                    3. Which NoteTab feature(s) do you use the most? The hyperlinks.

                                    4. Which NoteTab feature would you miss the most if you had to use
                                    another editor?  I do have to use other editors and I miss the hyperlinking.

                                    5. Which feature do you miss the most in NoteTab that competing editors
                                    offer? multi-level outlining.

                                    6. What is the top benefit you get from using NoteTab?  plain text editing with sophisticated utilities to manipulate and convert them to other formats as needed.

                                    ________________________________
[...]

                                    Eric Fookes
                                    http://www.fookes.com/

                                  • veneff@intouchmi.com
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Jun 17, 2012
                                      > Dear Notetabber,
                                      >
                                      > I'd love to have your opinion. Can you spare me a minute and reply to
                                      > this email?
                                      >
                                      > Your answers to the following questions will help me develop the copy
                                      > for the new NoteTab website. They will also give me guidance for future
                                      > program enhancements.
                                      >
                                      > 1. What do you mostly use NoteTab for?
                                      > (HTML editing, copywriting, note taking, poetry, data processing, ...)

                                      I use it as a replacement for Notetab. But, mostly, as my main code
                                      editor for C, microprocessor assembly, Basic and HTML.

                                      > 2. What is it you like most about NoteTab?

                                      The stability of it, the quickness and the low overhead.

                                      > 3. Which NoteTab feature(s) do you use the most?

                                      There are so many, but the multiple file tabs and multiple favorite lists,
                                      the dual windows, the clip language, the block editing and matching
                                      brackets come to mine.

                                      > 4. Which NoteTab feature would you miss the most if you had to use
                                      > another editor?

                                      Most of the items mentioned above.

                                      > 5. Which feature do you miss the most in NoteTab that competing editors
                                      > offer?

                                      Syntax high lighting, keystroke/mouse click recording, viewing different
                                      parts of the same file in the two windows, more than two windows.

                                      > 6. What is the top benefit you get from using NoteTab?

                                      It has worked well in all the versions of Windows that I have had to
                                      update to. The user base is very active and helpful. It has enough
                                      features that I have always stuck with NoteTab (pro) even though I do
                                      check out other editors as I have become aware of them.

                                      Vance

                                      > Feel free to share your answers in this discussion group. You can also
                                      > send them to me directly at eric.fookes@... if you prefer. Thanks!
                                      >
                                      > --
                                      > Regards,
                                      >
                                      > Eric Fookes
                                      > http://www.fookes.com/

                                    • sisterscape
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Jun 17, 2012
                                        I do not use NoteTab as much as I used to when I was coding at lot of sites. But I do still use it to maintain a few of them. One of the unique features that I really like is "Search Disk". When there are hundreds of files, it's very handy to be able to find the exact word/phrase and be able to open all the matching files at one click. Then a 'Search and replace' can easily make changes (I would never do that without first visually confirming).

                                        My one wish is that it would run natively on Linux. It does OK on Wine but the Linux feature that I miss most is the ability to highlight then paste with a scrollwheel click. ctrl-c ctrl-v is an OK option but my reflexes just want to do that one click. :)

                                        > I'd love to have your opinion. Can you spare me a minute and
                                        > reply to
                                        > this email?
                                        >
                                        > Your answers to the following questions will help me develop
                                        > the copy
                                        > for the new NoteTab website. They will also give me guidance
                                        > for future
                                        > program enhancements.
                                        >
                                        > 1. What do you mostly use NoteTab for?
                                        > (HTML editing, copywriting, note taking, poetry, data
                                        > processing, ...)
                                        >
                                        > 2. What is it you like most about NoteTab?
                                        >
                                        > 3. Which NoteTab feature(s) do you use the most?
                                        >
                                        > 4. Which NoteTab feature would you miss the most if you had
                                        > to use
                                        > another editor?
                                        >
                                        > 5. Which feature do you miss the most in NoteTab that
                                        > competing editors
                                        > offer?
                                        >
                                        > 6. What is the top benefit you get from using NoteTab?
                                        >

                                        > Feel free to share your answers in this discussion group.
                                        > You can also
                                        > send them to me directly at eric.fookes@...
                                        > if you prefer. Thanks!
                                        >
                                        > --
                                        > Regards,
                                        >
                                        > Eric Fookes
                                        > http://www.fookes.com/

                                        >     notetab-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                      • Wayne
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Jun 17, 2012
                                          On 2012-06-16 10:32 AM, Eric Fookes wrote:
                                          > Dear Notetabber,
                                          >
                                          > I'd love to have your opinion. Can you spare me a minute and reply
                                          > to this email?
                                          >
                                          > Your answers to the following questions will help me develop the
                                          > copy for the new NoteTab website. They will also give me guidance
                                          > for future program enhancements.
                                          >
                                          > 1. What do you mostly use NoteTab for?

                                          Miscellaneous note taking, source code editing for programming, using regular expression replaces on data copied from and back to other apps, pasteboard, and just general use. It is pretty much the only editor I use, unless I need UNICODE or a full word processor.

                                          I use the clipbooks occasionally, although not as much as I used to years ago.

                                          > 2. What is it you like most about NoteTab?
                                          Overall power and ease of use. Ability to manipulate text and data quickly.

                                          > 3. Which NoteTab feature(s) do you use the most?
                                          Regular Expressions, outlines, paste board, calculate expression

                                          (By the way I'd love it if you could make a minor tweak to make calculate expression feature more user friendly. I'd like to be able to do chained expressions 1+2=3 +3=6 +4=10 by just typing Ctrl-E after each equals sign without having to select the text first. Also, not having to select the text first when the line is preceded by a label and colon. Such as "Label: 6*7-9=". I suggest it just ignore anything before certain punctuation such as colon, semicolon, a previous equals, etc.)

                                          > 4. Which NoteTab feature would you miss the most if you had to use
                                          > another editor?

                                          Not having the scroll past end of line feature in other editors is a minor thing, but it annoys me, LOL. Other than that I'd miss the clip programming, pasteboard, outlines, regular expressions and NoteTab's ease of use.

                                          > 5. Which feature do you miss the most in NoteTab that competing editors offer?

                                          FULL UNICODE SUPPORT. I am finding myself having to use other editors
                                          more often just because of this. It's becoming a dealbreaker more
                                          and more often.

                                          Better syntax highlighting of source code in various languages would also be nice, but it is a luxury I am already used to doing without.

                                          > 6. What is the top benefit you get from using NoteTab?

                                          I just like how easily I can manipulate text and data with it using
                                          whatever I need of regular expressions, clip code, etc. And I like having one single editor that does the majority of everything I need.

                                          And, hello, everyone. Sorry, I've been so quiet in the group in recent years. I'm still around, though, and scan the messages here occasionally.
                                        • r.riche
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Jun 17, 2012
                                            1. General purpose text editing and manipulation. Since I try to do as much as possible in plain text that covers a lot of ground. I use simple outlines for a lot, classifying and saving clips captured by Powerpro, keeping notes and journals, searching text files on disk, and the usual HTML editing. The Modify ans Search menus get a lot of work. Search disk is invaluable, especially in conjunction with some of the old clips by Jody Adair for searching disk files and creating selective outlines. Notetab just does some clever things that it is a lot of work to do with other editors. I use Vedit if I have to for Unicode and huge files and gVim for cross platform work but neither is as quick and simple to create solutions for as NotePro if it has the capabilitites.

                                            2. You can move it so easily and for a paid program the upgrade process is so simple. The whole program is portable so you can just copy the whole directory where you want and then reinstall the program files to move it. It will also run as a portable app. I really like the clipbook featurea and the included macro language which is far simpler to edit and implement than most other scripting systems on other editors. Many of the old clipbooks in the repositories are still functional or can easily be modified for present use. They cover everything from TeX, to HTML, to coding and running interpreted languages and file manipulation. Again, if you are working inside of NoteTab's capabilities it's a very elegant and functional program.

                                            3. Search disk. Using Powerpro you can save clipboard contents, categorized sticky notes, etc. as either it's own format (for rich text) or text. I'll use text as a default. It also saves them in individual files so I can find any note or clip saved as text quickly and load it into Notetab with a simple directory search and edit or use it as I wish. Using clipbooks like Dirstuff and Outline I can create selective outlines of notes and clips for archiving. If I use Dropbox I can then find them across different computers by searching the Dropbox directory.

                                            Outlines, Modify lines, Pastebord, and the Clipbook repositories are very useful too.

                                            4. The Clipbook. Can't figure why some other editors have not copied the simple visual method of clip selection, editing, and integration into their own macro language suport. For most of them you have to define menus or select macros from a file list. The FarClip and Clipbar features are pretty unique and useful also.

                                            5. Syntax highlighting of course. I wouldlove to have it for the interpreted languages if nothing else - Python, Perl etc. and maybe for TeX. I think trying to comptete with dedicated coding editors for support of C, C# etc with tags and the like would bog down NoteTab. I also think that the edit control you are using (Turbopower?) may have some built in limitations and difficulties in that regard. If so thanks for the support for HTML and CSS and the clip language.

                                            6. A solid and useful program that I am familiar with and can perform the large majority of my text editing on Windows. The first programs I install on a new Windows machine are NotePro, Powerpro, and Irfanview. That's good company.

                                            > Dear Notetabber,
                                            >
                                            > I'd love to have your opinion. Can you spare me a minute and reply to
                                            > this email?
                                            >
                                            > Your answers to the following questions will help me develop the copy
                                            > for the new NoteTab website. They will also give me guidance for future
                                            > program enhancements.
                                            >
                                            > 1. What do you mostly use NoteTab for?
                                            > (HTML editing, copywriting, note taking, poetry, data processing, ...)
                                            >
                                            > 2. What is it you like most about NoteTab?
                                            >
                                            > 3. Which NoteTab feature(s) do you use the most?
                                            >
                                            > 4. Which NoteTab feature would you miss the most if you had to use
                                            > another editor?
                                            >
                                            > 5. Which feature do you miss the most in NoteTab that competing editors
                                            > offer?
                                            >
                                            > 6. What is the top benefit you get from using NoteTab?
                                            >

                                            > Feel free to share your answers in this discussion group. You can also
                                            > send them to me directly at eric.fookes@... if you prefer. Thanks!
                                            >
                                            > --
                                            > Regards,
                                            >
                                            > Eric Fookes
                                            > http://www.fookes.com/

                                          • Eric Fookes
                                            Message 21 of 24 , Jun 27, 2012
                                              Thanks to all who have taken the time to answer my questions. I've
                                              received more replies than I expected, both here and at my personal
                                              email address.

                                              Your feedback has been really helpful and I also appreciate the
                                              suggestions some of you sent. New ideas have been added to the NoteTab
                                              wish list.

                                              We're in the final stages with the new web site and hope to release
                                              NoteTab 7 by the 1st of July.

                                              Eric Fookes
                                              http://www.fookes.com/