Re: [NTB] NoteTab 7.0 final available

  • Uncle Sky
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 5, 2012
      I am not very active with Note tab. I have NTB Standard 4.95/nd (full version). I have never updated it as far as I can recall. It does what I want, which is fairly simple. Do I need to update or download the new version or will what I have keep working as it has?

      Samwilin (a very old and not too savy user)
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 11, 2012
        There is no reason for your NoteTb installation to stop working. Just make sure you don't toss out your original distribution file, so you can reinstall, whenever necessary. Occasionally I find, that reinstalling NoteTab clears up bugs introduced by using Windows "sleep" mode to long (a couple of weeks or longer, without rebooting).

        Cheers,

        Eb

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Uncle Sky" <sanwilin@...> wrote:

        > I am not very active with Note tab. I have NTB Standard 4.95/nd (full version). I have never updated it as far as I can recall. It does what I want, which is fairly simple. Do I need to update or download the new version or will what I have keep working as it has?
      • Richard Hartman
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 4, 2012
          Received the following error message from Norton 360 during installation of NoteTab 7. Should I have disabled security checking prior to the install? Is notetab.stb a required file for operation of notetab 7?

          Full Path: c:\program files\notetab 7\notepad.stb
          Threat: Suspicious.MH690.A
          ____________________________
          ____________________________
          On computers as of Not Available
          Last Used 7/4/2012 at 3:23:22 PM
          Startup Item No
          Launched No
          ____________________________
          ____________________________
          Unknown
          Number of users in the Norton Community that have used this file: Unknown
          ____________________________
          Unknown
          This file release is currently not known.
          ____________________________
          High
          This file risk is high.
          ____________________________
          Threat Details
          Threat type: Heuristic Virus. Detection of a threat based on malware heuristics.
          ____________________________

          ____________________________
          File Actions
          File: c:\program files\notetab 7\notepad.stb
          Removed
          ____________________________
          File Thumbprint - SHA:
          d79547d7ce96f28be201aa5b74266d93dcf585aadd1f3a4df692e57894ed6e13
          ____________________________
          File Thumbprint - MD5:
          9db1fb589f8ad28723bac64bedf2f611
          ____________________________

               Richard Hartman
               Springfield, Virginia, USA
               exbigiron@...
        • Eric Fookes
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 4, 2012
            Hi Richard,

            It's a false positive warning from Norton. There's no malware in the
            file. notetab.stb is used by the "Replace MS Notepad" command and is not
            required if you don't use that feature.

            Eric Fookes
            http://www.fookes.com/