NoteTab 7.0 final available

  • Eric Fookes
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 5, 2012
      Hi everyone,

      Although the new website and store still isn't ready, you can now
      download the final release of NoteTab 7. Here are the links:

      NoteTab Light 7 (freeware)
      http://www.notetab.com/ftp/NoteTab_Light_Setup.exe

      NoteTab 7 (30-day trial version; includes Pro and Std)
      http://www.notetab.com/ftp/NoteTab_Trial_Setup.exe

      The Bootstrap library has been updated to the recently released 2.04.
      The Utilities library and Clipbar have been updated to include handy
      shortcuts to word definitions, synonyms, quotes, etc. (the selected word
      is sent in a URL to a corresponding website that then returns info about
      it).

      There are three new keyboard shortcuts to easily insert typographic
      characters into a document:
      Ctrl+. inserts the ellipsis character …
      Ctrl+- inserts the n-dash character –
      Ctrl+, inserts “smart quotes” around selected text or a proper
      apostrophe ’

      Several minor bugs have been fixed too.

      Note also that the trial periods are reset, so you get a full 30-days
      again when you install NoteTab Pro Trial.

      If you discover any new bugs (specific to v7), please inform me ASAP.
      Depending on how critical they are, they will either be fixed in a
      slipstream update or in a future minor maintenance release (v7.01).

      Enjoy!

      Eric Fookes
      http://www.fookes.com/
    • Uncle Sky
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 5, 2012
        I am not very active with Note tab. I have NTB Standard 4.95/nd (full version). I have never updated it as far as I can recall. It does what I want, which is fairly simple. Do I need to update or download the new version or will what I have keep working as it has?

        Samwilin (a very old and not too savy user)
        Although the new website and store still isn't ready, you can now
        download the final release of NoteTab 7. Here are the links:

        NoteTab Light 7 (freeware)
        http://www.notetab.com/ftp/NoteTab_Light_Setup.exe<http://www.notetab.com/ftp/NoteTab_Light_Setup.exe>

        NoteTab 7 (30-day trial version; includes Pro and Std)
        http://www.notetab.com/ftp/NoteTab_Trial_Setup.exe<http://www.notetab.com/ftp/NoteTab_Trial_Setup.exe>

[...]

        http://www.fookes.com/<http://www.fookes.com/>

      • Eb
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 11, 2012
          There is no reason for your NoteTb installation to stop working. Just make sure you don't toss out your original distribution file, so you can reinstall, whenever necessary. Occasionally I find, that reinstalling NoteTab clears up bugs introduced by using Windows "sleep" mode to long (a couple of weeks or longer, without rebooting).

          Cheers,

          Eb

          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Uncle Sky" <sanwilin@...> wrote:

          > I am not very active with Note tab. I have NTB Standard 4.95/nd (full version). I have never updated it as far as I can recall. It does what I want, which is fairly simple. Do I need to update or download the new version or will what I have keep working as it has?
        • Richard Hartman
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 4, 2012
            Received the following error message from Norton 360 during installation of NoteTab 7. Should I have disabled security checking prior to the install? Is notetab.stb a required file for operation of notetab 7?

            Full Path: c:\program files\notetab 7\notepad.stb
            Threat: Suspicious.MH690.A
            ____________________________
            ____________________________
            On computers as of Not Available
            Last Used 7/4/2012 at 3:23:22 PM
            Startup Item No
            Launched No
            ____________________________
            ____________________________
            Unknown
            Number of users in the Norton Community that have used this file: Unknown
            ____________________________
            Unknown
            This file release is currently not known.
            ____________________________
            High
            This file risk is high.
            ____________________________
            Threat Details
            Threat type: Heuristic Virus. Detection of a threat based on malware heuristics.
            ____________________________

            ____________________________
            File Actions
            File: c:\program files\notetab 7\notepad.stb
            Removed
            ____________________________
            File Thumbprint - SHA:
            d79547d7ce96f28be201aa5b74266d93dcf585aadd1f3a4df692e57894ed6e13
            ____________________________
            File Thumbprint - MD5:
            9db1fb589f8ad28723bac64bedf2f611
            ____________________________

                 Richard Hartman
                 Springfield, Virginia, USA
                 exbigiron@...
          • Eric Fookes
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 4, 2012
              Hi Richard,

              It's a false positive warning from Norton. There's no malware in the
              file. notetab.stb is used by the "Replace MS Notepad" command and is not
              required if you don't use that feature.

              Eric Fookes
              http://www.fookes.com/