DIY Syntax Highlighting?

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2012
      Is it possible through a clip library or other mechanism to specify my own syntax highlighting for other scripting languages?
    • Art Kocsis
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5, 2012
        At 6/3/2012 02:45 PM, you wrote:
        >Is it possible through a clip library or other mechanism to specify my own
        >syntax highlighting for other scripting languages?

        Although clips can do a lot of things, I don't think custom highlighting of
        any sort is possible as highlighting is primarily a display function, not a
        text manipulation function.

        For custom syntax highlighting/definition try Notepad++ (freeware)
        http://notepad-plus-plus.org/.

        NP++ has built-in support for over 50 languages but you can easily add your
        own. It is quite stable, active and well supported and has been around for
        about ten years.

        Namaste', Art