RE: [NTB] More Std vs Pro Behavior Differences

  • Art Kocsis
    Message 1 of 3 , May 13, 2012
      At 5/13/2012 03:42 AM, John wrote:
      >I think this behavior may be restricted to the keyboard operations, but
      >not true in regex.
      >Performing multiple Finds with \w+ finds only the letters. My whole
      >library depends on
      >this functionality. Although I don't use the keyboard that way, it is
      >clearly erroneous if
      >it is not consistent.

      In general, the anomalies seem to be worse in the keyboard behavior than in
      the clips or RegEx. However, we (or at least I), spend a lot of time on the
      keyboard and getting frustrated over strange behavior does not help for a
      pleasant user experience.

      Testing stuff like this takes an enormous amount of time. It sometimes
      doesn't look like it after the critical variables are identified but
      getting there is tedious and slow. I had to cut off testing with the
      keyboard but I did check ^!Select Word(s) and that seemed to work
      consistently.

      I hope Eric appreciates the work we are putting in testing his program.

      art