Outline guide

  • kesmog
    Message 1 of 2 , May 7 9:56 AM
      Is there an up-to-date (May, 2012) guide to NotePad 6.2 Outline files (.otl) other than the basic information given in the program itself?
    • Eb
      Message 2 of 2 , May 8 6:53 AM
        Nothing as new as May '12.

        However, I suspect you havn't begun to explore the information available in the NoteTab Help system about outline.

        In the basic help file, if you SEARCH for outline, you will get some 30 topics with information about outlining.

        In the Clips help, there are another five topics.

        Then there is this forum, if you have a specific question not answered in help.

        One further note. NoteTab's outlines are not particularily complicated. There are only two levels. The best way to learn about them is to make a COPY of an existing outline, and play with it. Try out the in-context menus (right-click in various areas of the outline file, and of NoteTab), to see what your options are. Try out options that seem to make sense in a given situation.

        On the other hand, DON'T just willi-nilli click on options without bothering to think what might happen when you do. That would just make you a button pusher. We got enough of those all around us. "Hey, what a neat button." PUSH, CRASH!

        (Sorry about that. I jsut discovered that my wife was a button pusher.
        She just pushed some buttons on the ceiling fan, without undoing what she did. When I tried to do turn on the light, they no longer worked. She confessed just as I started to call maintenance.)

        Cheers,

        Eb