RE: [NTB] View-in-Browser Bug

  • John Shotsky
    Message 1 of 8 , May 3, 2012
      Browsers read files off the disk. When you rename a document in NoteTab, you haven't renamed it on disk � until you save
      it. So the browser will always read what is on disk, and will use the actual filename on disk that is associated with
      the open file. It is not a bug, it is just working as designed � NT doesn't save things until you tell it to save.

      Regards,
      John

      Message 2 of 8 , May 3, 2012
        Interviewed by CNN on 03/05/2012 09:08, John Shotsky told the world:
        > Browsers read files off the disk. When you rename a document in NoteTab, you haven't renamed it on disk – until you save
        > it. So the browser will always read what is on disk, and will use the actual filename on disk that is associated with
        > the open file. It is not a bug, it is just working as designed – NT doesn't save things until you tell it to save.

        Not true. I have just tested it: if I rename an opened file (either in
        its saved state or in the edited/unsaved state -- doesn't matter) using
        the "Document/Rename" button/menu option in Notetab, the saved file on
        disk will be immediately renamed and be shown with the new name on
        Windows Explorer.

        This bug manifests if the file is in an edited/unsaved state. In this
        circumstance, Notetab will save a temporary copy (named efo~001 or
        something like that) and pass it on to the browser. The bug consists in
        Notetab saving the temp copy with the same file extension as the saved
        file *used* to have, instead of the same extension as the file opened in
        memory or the one the last saved file on disk actually has now.

        Furthermore,

        --
        MCBastos

        use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

        -=-=-
        ... Sent from my Odyssey2.
      • Eric Fookes
        Message 3 of 8 , May 3, 2012
          Hi Art,

          > There seems to be a bug in the View-in-Browser behavior.
          >
          > Create or copy a HTML page in a new document (NoName01.txt)
          > Click View-in-Browser [NT sends a tmp text file to browser (efo~1.txt), -
          > as expected]
          > Rename doc as *.htm (NoName01.htm)
          > Click View-in-Browser [browser still sends original temp text file name
          > (efo~1.txt), even after editing.

          This is indeed a bug. It will be fixed before NoteTab 7 is released.

          Eric Fookes
          http://www.fookes.com/