Re: Need to find,

  • DeborahP
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2012
      Update, I can find the /<tr/> in search, but when I go to replace, and attempt to find and replace all of them, none are found.

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "DeborahP" <Debbie.pomerance@...> wrote:

      > Hi, I am using notetab pro 6.2fv.
      >
      > I tried to find and replace all

      > Just in case I needed to escape a <, I tried with
      >
      > /<tr/>
      >
      > and that did not work either.
      >
      > This is a rush job and I cannot figure out why this is not working, seems very basic to me, what am I doing wrong?
      >
      > Debbie

    • John Shotsky
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2012
        You don't need to escape angle brackets, and the escape character is a backslash, not a forward slash. It should work
        with <tr>, and without the regex and case boxes checked.

        Regards,
        John

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com <mailto:notetab%40yahoogroups.com> , "DeborahP" <Debbie.pomerance@...> wrote:

        > Hi, I am using notetab pro 6.2fv.
        >
        > I tried to find and replace all

        > Just in case I needed to escape a <, I tried with
        >
        > /<tr/>
        >
        > and that did not work either.
        >
        > This is a rush job and I cannot figure out why this is not working, seems very basic to me, what am I doing wrong?
        >
        > Debbie

      • Debbie Pomerance
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2012
          I am embarrassed that I got the back forward slash confused. I used to be
          a unix sys admin until my vision deteriorated and I have forgotten a lot.
          I'll try it again and see what gives.

          On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 10:57 AM, John Shotsky <jshotsky@...> wrote:

          > You don't need to escape angle brackets, and the escape character is a
          > backslash, not a forward slash. It should work
          > with <tr>, and without the regex and case boxes checked.
          >
          > Regards,
          > John
          > RecipeTools Web Site: <http://recipetools.gotdns.com/>
          > http://recipetools.gotdns.com/

          Debbie Pomerance
          mailto Debbie.Pomerance@...

          Microsoft: "You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips."
          For Net security use Unix, Linux, any 'ix' OS.