Need to find,

  • DeborahP
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2012
      Hi, I am using notetab pro 6.2fv.

      I tried to find and replace all

      Just in case I needed to escape a <, I tried with

      /<tr/>

      and that did not work either.

      This is a rush job and I cannot figure out why this is not working, seems very basic to me, what am I doing wrong?

      Debbie
    • DeborahP
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2012
        Update, I can find the /<tr/> in search, but when I go to replace, and attempt to find and replace all of them, none are found.

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "DeborahP" <Debbie.pomerance@...> wrote:

        > Hi, I am using notetab pro 6.2fv.
        >
        > I tried to find and replace all

        > Just in case I needed to escape a <, I tried with
        >
        > /<tr/>
        >
        > and that did not work either.
        >
        > This is a rush job and I cannot figure out why this is not working, seems very basic to me, what am I doing wrong?
        >
        > Debbie

      • John Shotsky
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2012
          You don't need to escape angle brackets, and the escape character is a backslash, not a forward slash. It should work
          with <tr>, and without the regex and case boxes checked.

          Regards,
          John

          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com <mailto:notetab%40yahoogroups.com> , "DeborahP" <Debbie.pomerance@...> wrote:

          > Hi, I am using notetab pro 6.2fv.
          >
          > I tried to find and replace all

          > Just in case I needed to escape a <, I tried with
          >
          > /<tr/>
          >
          > and that did not work either.
          >
          > This is a rush job and I cannot figure out why this is not working, seems very basic to me, what am I doing wrong?
          >
          > Debbie

        • Debbie Pomerance
          Message 4 of 4 , May 1, 2012
            I am embarrassed that I got the back forward slash confused. I used to be
            a unix sys admin until my vision deteriorated and I have forgotten a lot.
            I'll try it again and see what gives.

            On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 10:57 AM, John Shotsky <jshotsky@...> wrote:

            > You don't need to escape angle brackets, and the escape character is a
            > backslash, not a forward slash. It should work
            > with <tr>, and without the regex and case boxes checked.
            >
            > Regards,
            > John
            > RecipeTools Web Site: <http://recipetools.gotdns.com/>
            > http://recipetools.gotdns.com/

            Debbie Pomerance
            mailto Debbie.Pomerance@...

            Microsoft: "You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips."
            For Net security use Unix, Linux, any 'ix' OS.