Re: [NTB] NTP7b6 Feedback: Some Remaining Bugs-Cursor

  • Eric Fookes
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 25, 2012
      Hi Art,

      >> There is no standard Windows cursor with a plus sign for drag-copy. Of
      >> course, applications can use their own bitmaps for specific tasks.
      >> However, NoteTab just uses the standard cursors available to it.
      >
      > Thank you for responding.
      >
      > I didn't say standard Windows cursor - I said standard Windows UI.
      > Are there two (or more), different (overlapping), UIs embedded in
      > Windows? If so, that is a major design flaw in Windows.

      Here's what's available with the standard Windows UI:

      http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms648391(v=vs.85).aspx

      You can see images of those cursors on this page:

      http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb545459.aspx#concepts

      > Notetab Std adds the little plus sign while the Cntrl key is pressed,
      > NotePro does not. What are the "cursors available" to them and why
      > are they different? Please don't say because you are using different
      > input controls as that begs the question: why use different controls.

      Well, there is an explanation in Help about the differences between
      NoteTab Std/Light and Pro. They are based on completely different types
      of input controls.

      I've decided to post a separate email with the subject "Differences
      between NoteTab Std/Light and Pro explained" that will hopefully help
      you better understand what's going on.

      Eric Fookes
      http://www.fookes.com/