sort R2L, count dupes

  • milanboran
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7, 2012
      moderator note: Yikes! Apologies that this did not get posted.

      Hi NTBers!

      Using NoteTab, right now I try to crack a problem re a large list, ca
      2mio records, stripped all other stuff away, so that only the strings
      that need sorting remain. But I need to sort backwards, from right to
      left. Then the duplicates need to be counted. Right now only the
      R2L-sorting and the dupe-counting remain. Any ideas? Is there a plugin
      for this?

      So far spread sheets or database programs seam not to do it per se or I simply do not know how to, yet ;) But it would be much easier, if
      NoteTab could do it right with the text file in it, so no export/import would be necessary.

      Any help is much appreciated. This is not an Easter Egg, but you can
      count it as an Easter Greeting :)

      Thank you in advance and best wishes,
      Milan

      --

      ----------
      Legal Note
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 19, 2012
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "milanboran" <milan.boran@...> wrote:

        > moderator note: Yikes! Apologies that this did not get posted.

        If I'm not mistaken, this was was posted on Apr 7 with...

        Before anyone starts this topic anew it might be helpful to read what has been posted since Apr 7 in the Scripts Group.

        Regards,
        Flo
      • milan.boran@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 20, 2012
          Yes, this problem has been solved.

          Many thanks to all who helped, especially
          Don, Flo, Jonas, and Thomas.

          Best regards,
          Milan

          --