Pre-release #5 of NoteTab 7.0 available

  • Eric Fookes
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 16, 2012
      Hi everyone,

      Eb found a bug in v7 that affects searches in Outlook and Library files.
      Since there is a small risk this can cause loss of data when a replace
      operation is performed, I have quickly uploaded a fix. Note also that
      the trial period for NoteTab Pro is reset to a full 30 days. Download
      pre-release #5 from here:

      NoteTab Light 7 (freeware)
      http://www.notetab.com/ftp/NoteTab_Light_Setup.exe

      NoteTab Pro 7 (30-day trial version)
      http://www.notetab.com/ftp/NotePro_Trial_Setup.exe

      I look forward to your comments and feedback.

      Eric Fookes
      http://www.fookes.com/
    • Art Kocsis
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 16, 2012
        Thank you for implementing the ability to delete Find/F&R history
        deletions. Would you also add a "Right Click | Delete" option? This would
        eliminate having to continually shift between mouse and keyboard. It would
        also open the door for further enhancements such as sorting the history list.

        The new requirement to confirm "Close All" is an annoyance. It is also
        inconsistent with closing the Notetab instance. There is now no feedback
        when clicking the X in the upper right corner nor upon "Right Click
        | Close" on the task bar icon. I can understand the motivation but it
        needs to be optional. There are other Notetab behaviors that are far more
        dangerous than closing tabs, such as "replace all" in clip libs or outline
        docs.

        The Shift and Cntl-Shift drag and drop Cursor is still identical. It is
        dangerous to not have user feedback to differentiate between move and copy.

        Namste', Art