Re: keyboard problem only in NoteTabPro

  • jsn_colorado
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 11, 2012
      Update: reinstalled 4.65, and it still does this. Weird. NOthing I do on the keyboard changes it (is there an alt+insert, cntl+insert etc fix?); it also will take the space previous to the cursor with it when I use enter or tab keys....

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "jsn_colorado" <needhamscott@...> wrote:

      > Hiya:
      >
      > User for 10+ years, never a problem (except I always wonder why I can't get NTP to accept cursor "snap to"). So today I must've hit the keyboard "insert" key, and nothing I do will correct the cursor placement and insert characteristics: I must be one space further right than the space I want to type into in order to type into it; if I'm at the space I want to affect, it inserts one space further left. This does not happen in any other app I've tried.
      >
      > Help??!!
      >
      > Regards and Happy Trails,
      >
      > Scott Needham
      > Boulder, Colorado, USA

    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 11, 2012
        On 2012-04-11 17:24, jsn_colorado wrote:

        > Update: reinstalled 4.65, and it still does this. Weird. NOthing I do
        > on the keyboard changes it (is there an alt+insert, cntl+insert etc
        > fix?); it also will take the space previous to the cursor with it when
        > I use enter or tab keys....
        >
        > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com <mailto:notetab%40yahoogroups.com>,
        > "jsn_colorado" <needhamscott@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hiya:
        > >
        > > User for 10+ years, never a problem (except I always wonder why I
        > can't get NTP to accept cursor "snap to"). So today I must've hit the
        > keyboard "insert" key, and nothing I do will correct the cursor
        > placement and insert characteristics: I must be one space further
        > right than the space I want to type into in order to type into it; if
        > I'm at the space I want to affect, it inserts one space further left.
        > This does not happen in any other app I've tried.
        Scott: Sounds like you accidentally clicked in the Insert/Overstrike
        toggle (2nd field from left on status bar at bottom of Notetab window).
        If I've misread your post please ask again.

      • jsn_colorado
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 11, 2012
          Thx--didn't even know it was there. I think it is cleared up.