keyboard problem only in NoteTabPro

  • jsn_colorado
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 11, 2012
      Hiya:

      User for 10+ years, never a problem (except I always wonder why I can't get NTP to accept cursor "snap to"). So today I must've hit the keyboard "insert" key, and nothing I do will correct the cursor placement and insert characteristics: I must be one space further right than the space I want to type into in order to type into it; if I'm at the space I want to affect, it inserts one space further left. This does not happen in any other app I've tried.

      Help??!!

      Regards and Happy Trails,

      Scott Needham
      Boulder, Colorado, USA
    • jsn_colorado
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 11, 2012
        Update: reinstalled 4.65, and it still does this. Weird. NOthing I do on the keyboard changes it (is there an alt+insert, cntl+insert etc fix?); it also will take the space previous to the cursor with it when I use enter or tab keys....

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "jsn_colorado" <needhamscott@...> wrote:

        > Hiya:
        >
        > User for 10+ years, never a problem (except I always wonder why I can't get NTP to accept cursor "snap to"). So today I must've hit the keyboard "insert" key, and nothing I do will correct the cursor placement and insert characteristics: I must be one space further right than the space I want to type into in order to type into it; if I'm at the space I want to affect, it inserts one space further left. This does not happen in any other app I've tried.
        >
        > Help??!!
        >
        > Regards and Happy Trails,
        >
        > Scott Needham
        > Boulder, Colorado, USA

      • Alec Burgess
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 11, 2012
          On 2012-04-11 17:24, jsn_colorado wrote:

          > Update: reinstalled 4.65, and it still does this. Weird. NOthing I do
          > on the keyboard changes it (is there an alt+insert, cntl+insert etc
          > fix?); it also will take the space previous to the cursor with it when
          > I use enter or tab keys....
          >
          > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com <mailto:notetab%40yahoogroups.com>,
          > "jsn_colorado" <needhamscott@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hiya:
          > >
          > > User for 10+ years, never a problem (except I always wonder why I
          > can't get NTP to accept cursor "snap to"). So today I must've hit the
          > keyboard "insert" key, and nothing I do will correct the cursor
          > placement and insert characteristics: I must be one space further
          > right than the space I want to type into in order to type into it; if
          > I'm at the space I want to affect, it inserts one space further left.
          > This does not happen in any other app I've tried.
          Scott: Sounds like you accidentally clicked in the Insert/Overstrike
          toggle (2nd field from left on status bar at bottom of Notetab window).
          If I've misread your post please ask again.

        • jsn_colorado
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 11, 2012
            Thx--didn't even know it was there. I think it is cleared up.