Pre-release of NoteTab 7.0 available

  • Eric Fookes
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 21, 2012
      Hi everyone,

      I'm pleased to announce to you the availability of a pre-release version
      of NoteTab 7.0 -- at last! :)

      Here's a list of the main changes since version 6.2:

      * Under Windows 32-bit with the /3GB option and Windows x64, NoteTab can
      now allocate resources past the 2GB address limit when needed (up to 4 GB).

      * Added support for wildcard searching in find/replace tools. This
      feature is not available in NoteTab Light (unless you enable trial
      mode). The following tokens are provided:

      * = matches 0 or more word characters. Example: "jo*" matches "JO",
      "John", "Jody", "joint", "join_leave".

      # = matches 0 or more word characters, including HTML entity
      characters. Example: "na#" matches "naïve", "naïve", and "naïve".

      ** = matches 0 or more characters and can span across words within a
      line. Example: "click**link" matches "click link", "click on link",
      "clicking on link", "Click on this link", but not "click on links".

      ? = matches exactly one word character. Example: "jo?" matches "Job"
      and "jot", but not "JO", "John", "Jody", and "joint".

      ~ = matches 0 or one word characters. Example: "jo~" matches "JO",
      "Job", and "jot", but not "John", "Jody", and "joint".

      & = matches exactly one word character or one HTML entity. Example:
      "caf&" matches "café", "café", and "café".
      Word characters include alphanumeric characters, all extended ANSI
      characters, as well as "_".

      To search with wildcard tokens, select the Wildcards option in the
      Search drop-down list. Choose Standard for literal searching and
      "Regular Exp." for searching with regular expressions.

      The ^!Find and ^!Replace Clip commands also support wildcard searching.
      Use "*" as an option parameter. The following example searches for words
      that end in "tab":
      ^!FIND "*tab" C*

      * Added new HTML-CSS and HTML-AutoReplace libraries and Clipbar, which
      include support for HTML5 and CSS3. They replace the following outdated
      files (note that these are not uninstalled by NoteTab):
      HTML.clb
      HTML-ar.clb
      CSS1.clb
      HTML-1.ctb
      HTML-2.ctb
      CSS1.ctb

      * Added two new web page templates (Web page.tpl and Web page HTML5.tpl)
      to replace the following outdated files (note that these are not
      uninstalled by NoteTab):
      HTML.tpl
      CSS1.tpl

      * Updated the regular expressions engine to the latest release, which is
      based on PCRE 8.30.

      * A confirmation dialog box is now displayed when the Close All menu
      command is used.

      * The Find and Replace dialog boxes now show search results in a balloon
      (unless you are using Blind-User mode) instead of a message box. This
      speeds up you work as you no longer need to click on the message box OK
      button to close it.

      * The "Search Disk.fvr" Favorites file created after a Search Disk
      operation now removes the maximum limit of 65 files.

      * Program file is now code signed to reduce the risk of anti-virus false
      positives.

      * Fixed printing issue whereby last page or pages failed to print.

      * Fixed issue with "Save Directory" setting being ignored under the "Use
      Default Directories" option.

      * Fixed issue with "Disk Files" option in "Quick List" when "Show Full
      Names" option is turned off.

      * Fixed issue when pasting text with non-Windows line breaks into
      NoteTab Pro.

      * Partially fixed issue with disappearing Clip wizard labels under
      Windows 7 (though the problem does reappear if you hit the Alt key).

      * Fixed issue when comparing negative integer values in Clips.

      * Fixed issue in ^$GetDate(Date Mask;+/-days)$ function when using the
      "+/-days" parameter.

      * Some other minor improvements and issues fixed.

      * Updated documentation.

      There are still a couple of features missing from the pre-release
      copies. I'll save them as a surprise for later... <g>

      The price for NoteTab Pro 7 will be increased to $39.95 (sorry about
      that). The new pricing is necessary to make NoteTab financially viable
      again. Registered users will benefit from a 50% upgrade discount.
      Customers who purchased NoteTab this year will be entitled to a free
      upgrade.

      NoteTab Std will no longer be sold as a separate product, but will be
      included with NoteTab Pro. However, it will be available for free as a
      single product through TrialPay.

      If you would like to try NoteTab 7 and provide feedback before the final
      version is released, use the download links below:

      NoteTab Light 7 (freeware)
      http://www.notetab.com/ftp/NoteTab_Light_Setup.exe

      NoteTab Pro 7 (30-day trial version)
      http://www.notetab.com/ftp/NotePro_Trial_Setup.exe

      You can safely install the trial version of NoteTab Pro 7 alongside your
      paid version of NoteTab Pro 6. Just make sure you don't install it in
      the same folder!

      I do hope you will like this new release, even though the program
      interface hasn't changed. A lot of work has gone into it, and as I said
      earlier, there are still a couple of surprises to come...

      I look forward to reading your comments and feedback.

      Eric Fookes
      http://www.fookes.com/
    • kk08152001
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 22, 2012
        Hi Eric!

        > Registered users will benefit from a 50% upgrade discount.
        > Customers who purchased NoteTab this year will be entitled to a free
        upgrade.
        And what about the very long term users? No free upgrade? hmmm!? I'm very disappointed to pay again nearly $20 for Notetab as I'm using it for more than 10 years!!

        Kind regards,
        Knut

> [...]
        > included with NoteTab Pro. However, it will be available for free as a
        > single product through TrialPay.
        >
        > If you would like to try NoteTab 7 and provide feedback before the final
        > version is released, use the download links below:
        >
        > NoteTab Light 7 (freeware)
        > http://www.notetab.com/ftp/NoteTab_Light_Setup.exe
        >
        > NoteTab Pro 7 (30-day trial version)
        > http://www.notetab.com/ftp/NotePro_Trial_Setup.exe
        >
        > You can safely install the trial version of NoteTab Pro 7 alongside your
        > paid version of NoteTab Pro 6. Just make sure you don't install it in
        > the same folder!
        >
        > I do hope you will like this new release, even though the program
        > interface hasn't changed. A lot of work has gone into it, and as I said
        > earlier, there are still a couple of surprises to come...
        >
        > I look forward to reading your comments and feedback.

      • Greg Chapman
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 22, 2012
          Hi Knut,

          On 22 Mar 12 11:53 "kk08152001" <kk0815@...> said:
          > And what about the very long term users? No free upgrade? hmmm!? I'm
          > very disappointed to pay again nearly $20 for Notetab as I'm using
          > it for more than 10 years!!

          Your existing version will not expire. If you don't need the new
          features you don't need to upgrade.

          Should the new version last you another ten years, then I hardly think
          $2 per year is a lot to pay.

          I don't know of any other commercial program that I use that has
          offered such value!

          Greg
        • pam_in_wa
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 25, 2012
            How do I register my product? I purchased my product (NoteTab Pro 6.2/fv) a few weeks ago (through a Trial Pay offer) and want to know how I can get the free upgrade to 7.0.

            Thanks,
            Pam Erickson

            > Customers who purchased NoteTab this year will be entitled to a free
            > upgrade.
          • pam_in_wa
            Message 5 of 7 , May 1, 2012
              Does anyone know the answer to this question I posted almost a week ago? Do I just use the 'Check for Updates' link from the Help menu after version 7 is released? Does it somehow automatically know I purchased and installed it recently?

              Thanks,
              Pam Erickson

              --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "pam_in_wa" <pam.in.wa@...> wrote:

              > How do I register my product? I purchased my product (NoteTab Pro 6.2/fv) a few weeks ago (through a Trial Pay offer) and want to know how I can get the free upgrade to 7.0.
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Pam Erickson
              >

              > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Eric Fookes <egroups@> wrote:
              > >

              > > Customers who purchased NoteTab this year will be entitled to a free
              > > upgrade.

            • Eric Fookes
              Message 6 of 7 , May 1, 2012
                Hi Pam,

                > Does anyone know the answer to this question I posted almost a week
                > ago? Do I just use the 'Check for Updates' link from the Help menu
                > after version 7 is released? Does it somehow automatically know I
                > purchased and installed it recently?

                Sorry I missed your question. Yes, "Check for Updates" will be used to
                announce the official release of version 7.

                We'll be setting up a special page on the NoteTab site for those who
                purchased NoteTab this year and are entitled to a free upgrade. This
                page will ask for your order number and email address before it delivers
                a download link to the full version.

                We're still working on the new website and the upgrade system. As usual,
                it's taking longer than expected, but we hope to have it ready before
                the end of the week...

                Eric Fookes
                http://www.fookes.com/
              • Pam Erickson