Re: [NTB] Re: Spell check making replacement I do not want

  • Daniel Prince
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 14 4:19 PM
      On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 9:00 AM, Eb <ebbtidalflats@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Are you talking spell checker or auto-replace? These are two different
      > tools.
      >
      > Auto-replace, when enabled, will just replace what you typed without
      > asking you. If that is happening, you better check your library again.
      >
      > Best way to do that is to press ESC, then type 'girlfriend' into the
      > pop-up window. If you have a clip by that name, the name will autocomplete
      > before you finish typing it.
      >
      > I did that and the name did NOT autocomplete. When I type girlfriend and
      hit space or return, NoteTab does not change it. If I type "hte" and hit
      space NoteTab changes it to "the". If I use the spell check in NoteTab, it
      changes "girlfriend" to "girl friend" without asking me if I want the
      change.

      > The spell checker, on the other hand, should not only ask you to confirm,
      > that you want to change the spelling, it should also give you the
      > oportunity to add a misspelled term to your user dictionary. After that, it
      > will no longer treat the word as miss-spelled.
      >
      > Finally, perhaps you have a different tool installed, that corrects your
      > spelling? Such as Intellicomplet (see your tools menu).
      >
      > I looked in my tools menu and I did not find anything called
      "Intellicomple".

      > Cheers,
      >
      > Eb
      >

      > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Daniel Prince <neutrino1200@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I have just discovered that the spell checker in NoteTab Standard
      > > version 4.95 is changing "girlfriend" into "girl friend". I do not
      > > want it to do this because my CDROM dictionary lists "girlfriend"
      > > first.
      > >
      > > I looked in my AutoCorrect library but I did not see "girlfriend" in
      > > the library. How do I prevent the spell checker from doing this?
      > > Thank you in advance for all replies.

    • Eb
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 16 1:23 AM
        I would recommend that you download the latest dictionary from NoteTab.com. My dictionary, american.dct, is from May 2000, and doesn't touch 'girlfriend'.

        I tried the dictionary in NTP 4.95, and it worked ok as well.

        Cheers,

        Eb