Re: [NTB] Notetab Search and Replace not recognizing characters

  • Alex Plantema
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 13, 2012
      Op dinsdag 13 maart 2012 20:46 schreef wabbitwunner:

      > Can someone explain to me why notetab does not recognize "`" or "'"
      >
      > I can select it and when I click on search and replace it is loaded
      > into the wizard search field but the search does find it in the
      > document.
      >
      > I've tried it in a clip S&R and it doesnt work either.
      >
      > ^!Replace "`" >> "'" ISAW
      >
      > I've tried save Doc as
      >
      > Ansi
      > ASCII (Dos)
      > Unicode
      > EBCDIC
      > UTF-8
      >
      > All searches come up empty but there are thousands of instances in
      > 100's of files and notetab cant "see" them for me to replace them.

      This does work. Did you try to replace these accents in a read-only file?

      Replacing curled accents created with MS Word does not work in a clip,
      because when the clip is saved they are replaced by their ascii equivalents.

      Alex.
    • wabbitwunner
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 14, 2012
        Thanks for the replys but I ended up importing them in a completely different manner with a 3rd party script which clean them up for me. Read only was the first thing I checked. They were pdf files saved as text and I was writting clips to clean them up to import into a website. Its bizzare, i've been using Notetab for years and never encountered anything like this.

        other S&R worked fine but i could never get these to work.

        ^!Replace "`" >> "'" ISAW
        ^!Replace "'" >> "'" ISAW
        ^!Replace """ >> "'" ISAW
        ^!Replace """ >> "'" ISAW