Re: [NTB] Notetab Search and Replace not recognizing characters

  • Marcelo Bastos
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 13, 2012
      Interviewed by CNN on 13/03/2012 16:46, wabbitwunner told the world:
      > Can someone explain to me why notetab does not recognize "`" or "'"
      >
      > I can select it and when I click on search and replace it is loaded into the wizard search field but the search does find it in the document.
      >
      > I've tried it in a clip S&R and it doesnt work either.
      >
      > ^!Replace "`" >> "'" ISAW

      Works for me here. Does it happen in just one file or any file?

      --
      MCBastos

      use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

      -=-=-
      ... Sent from my VAX.
      * Added by TagZilla 0.7a1 running on Seamonkey 2.7.2 *
    • Alex Plantema
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 13, 2012
        Op dinsdag 13 maart 2012 20:46 schreef wabbitwunner:

        > Can someone explain to me why notetab does not recognize "`" or "'"
        >
        > I can select it and when I click on search and replace it is loaded
        > into the wizard search field but the search does find it in the
        > document.
        >
        > I've tried it in a clip S&R and it doesnt work either.
        >
        > ^!Replace "`" >> "'" ISAW
        >
        > I've tried save Doc as
        >
        > Ansi
        > ASCII (Dos)
        > Unicode
        > EBCDIC
        > UTF-8
        >
        > All searches come up empty but there are thousands of instances in
        > 100's of files and notetab cant "see" them for me to replace them.

        This does work. Did you try to replace these accents in a read-only file?

        Replacing curled accents created with MS Word does not work in a clip,
        because when the clip is saved they are replaced by their ascii equivalents.

        Alex.
      • wabbitwunner
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 14, 2012
          Thanks for the replys but I ended up importing them in a completely different manner with a 3rd party script which clean them up for me. Read only was the first thing I checked. They were pdf files saved as text and I was writting clips to clean them up to import into a website. Its bizzare, i've been using Notetab for years and never encountered anything like this.

          other S&R worked fine but i could never get these to work.

          ^!Replace "`" >> "'" ISAW
          ^!Replace "'" >> "'" ISAW
          ^!Replace """ >> "'" ISAW
          ^!Replace """ >> "'" ISAW