Problem with clip wizards in 6.2fv

  • r.riche
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 7, 2012
      The wizards do not display the headings for the fields when only a single value box is chosen. Example - the "Address database" demo in the SampleCode clipbook displays no field headings.

      ;Display Clip wizard with address fields
      "^?{First Name}","^?{Last Name}","^?{Address 1}","^?{Address 2}","^?{City}","^?{State/Province}","^?{ZIP/Postal Code}","^?{Country}","^?{Phone}","^?{Fax}"

      Using basic Win 7 Home with no fancy features. Any answers?
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 8, 2012
        Hi
        tried this and works
        H="data"
        "^?{First Name}","^?{Last Name}","^?{Address 1}"
        THANKYOU DAVE M

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 8, 2012
          Thanks...I'll change it on a few of the clips I use frequently but it is a bug in that it is not consistent with older versions and will require changing literally hundreds of routines throughout the old libraries which I still use.

          Probably needs to be fixed in a minor update. I'll try using an older version of NT. I don't need most of the codepage stuff that's been added anyway. :-).

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 8, 2012
            Just checked it in Win XP and it works fine. Has to be something in Win 7, maybe related to the theme not displaying the prompts? Anyway I'll fiddle with it and see if I can get it to display.

            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <dmc43959@...> wrote:

            > Hi
            > tried this and works
            > H="data"
            > "^?{First Name}","^?{Last Name}","^?{Address 1}"
            > THANKYOU DAVE M

          • mblattyh
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 8, 2012
              This sounds like what I've experienced in clip wizards under certain (still not sure exactly which) circumstances. It started when I moved to v6.2 running on Win7 Pro.

              I posted a question about it on the ntb-clips group, see message #22374 there. It appears to be a known, currently unfixed/unfixable bug.

              In my experience, the lack of labels appears to be sort of related to whether or not I use the mouse or keyboard to indicate the "OK" button on a previous wizard (go figure why that would make any difference). But it doesn't happen 100% of the time.

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 10, 2012
                Thanks for the reference - I'll check it out. It is limited to Win 7 and does this with versions of NTB all the way back to 5. Have not checked earlier. Fiddling with the syntax does seem to get it to work but it will require altering a whole lot of clips :-(

                Something brokeit. Works like a charm in XP.