Re: [NTB] What makes NoteTab different from other editors?

  • loro
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2012
      rchapanis wrote:
      >If you know, how does NoteTab Pro differ from the following
      >products? (What makes NoteTab Pro unique?)
      >
      > > TextPad 5.0
      > > EditPad Pro v7.0
      > > NotePad ++
      > > HomeSite v5.5

      We do! :-)

      Honestly, I don't know. But I would guess what makes Notetab stand
      out is its built in scripting language. The others, except HomeSite
      that must be pretty old now, are probably more modern and up-to-date,
      but I doubt they can beat the way Notetab can be made to do exactly
      what you want. I'd take just about any editor's syntax highlighting
      over Notetab's attempt at it and I'd die for the folding of NotePad++
      and other Scintilla/SciTE based editors, but Notetab is still what I
      use. Well, I keep SciTE in my hip pocket for when I really need
      syntax highlighting or proper Unicode support, but at all other times
      it's Notetab.

      Lotta