Re: [NTB] Update on File Reopening

  • MoreThanFood
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 19, 2012
      Hi,

      It took me a LONG time to figure out what the problem was - Notetab suddenly lost the ability to have random files dropped into from Windows Explorer. After much searching I found some posts somewhere that explained that running a program as an administrator raises the security clearance of the program. This causes it to disallow lower clearance data being dropped into it.

      I have no idea if that is correct or what, but when I stopped running as administrator, I could immediately drag files into it. So in my case that is what fixed it.

      I had originally set it to run as administrator to try to fix the issue with it constantly opening an old session. This went on for more than 6 months.

      Most of the files that I am working on in Notetab are html & shtml & css so maybe that's why you can't drag them into it when it's being run as administrator.

      Who knows? I would just like to be able to have my previous session open up automatically, but at least I'm not having to close them all and find the new directory.

      Thanks for all the info and I truly do appreciate Notetab - I've been using it since it was introduced!

      Liz

      > Please explain what you mean about disabling drag and drop. I've never heard of Admin being hampered by LESS privilege.
      > I have NoteTab pro set to always run as admin, and I've never experience any problem with drag and drop, although I am
      > not certain what you are referring to.
      >
      > Regards,
      > John
    • John Shotsky
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 19, 2012
        I just dragged an html file and dropped it on the NoteTab icon, and it's set to always run as admin. The file opened
        right up in NoteTab, but of course, it isn't installed in C:\Program Files, so that might be the difference.

        Regards,
        John

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com <mailto:notetab%40yahoogroups.com> , "John Shotsky" <jshotsky@...> wrote:

        > Please explain what you mean about disabling drag and drop. I've never heard of Admin being hampered by LESS
        privilege.
        > I have NoteTab pro set to always run as admin, and I've never experience any problem with drag and drop, although I am
        > not certain what you are referring to.
        >
        > Regards,
        > John

      • MoreThanFood
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 19, 2012
          I think mine is installed in program files / x86 or something, too busy to check. I have no idea why it worked but it did. So I'm happy :)