Re: Such a stupid question but is there a way to highlight the word I

  • cerec_irvine
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 11, 2012
      do you wnat to highlight a single word in NoteTab? If so, just double click on the word! I hope I understood your problem
    • Mick Housel
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 12, 2012
        Are you trying to use the "Search Highlight On" option while searching
        through a regular document or the help file? If you open the help file,
        make sure that "Search Highlight On" under options is on, then click the
        search tab in Help and search for "document". It will give a list of
        topics that contain the word "document". If you then click on the first
        topic listed, you'll see every occurrence of the "document" highlighted.

        If you're trying to highlight every occurrence of a word that you're
        searching for in an open file, I don't know of a way to do that. It's
        possible that there's a way to do it. If so, I'm not aware of what that
        might be and I'm sure it would involve clips which is on another list
        from this basic NTB list.

        Hopefully someone can answer that question, if that's what your actually
        asking.

        Mick

        ±•¦•±•¦•±•¦•±•¦•±•¦•±•¦•±•¦•±•¦•±•¦•±•¦•±

        All Senators should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we can identify
        their corporate sponsor.

        On 2/11/2012 2:46 PM, dagneyb wrote:
        > was searching for help on, in NoteTab Pro's 6.2 FV HELP file?
        >
        > I guess I realize it is a Windows Help file, (well it's address on my computer is:
        >
        > mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\NoteTab%20Pro%206\NoteTab.chm::/introduction.htm
        >
        > so that is a Windows help file) BUT still when I go to the "Options" tab on top and I put it on "Search Highlight On"
        >
        > I still do not get a highlight around the word I am looking up?
        >
        > I realize my programming skills are not good but that is why I bought this program .. hoping it would not be so hard that I could at least start some basics. But I think it may be too advanced for me. Still would appreciate it if anyone could tell me how to highlight.

      • John Shotsky
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 12, 2012
          In an open document, you would just use the Find box, and Find again as often as needed.

          Regards,
          John

          Are you trying to use the "Search Highlight On" option while searching
          through a regular document or the help file? If you open the help file,
          make sure that "Search Highlight On" under options is on, then click the
          search tab in Help and search for "document". It will give a list of
          topics that contain the word "document". If you then click on the first
          topic listed, you'll see every occurrence of the "document" highlighted.

          If you're trying to highlight every occurrence of a word that you're
          searching for in an open file, I don't know of a way to do that. It's
          possible that there's a way to do it. If so, I'm not aware of what that
          might be and I'm sure it would involve clips which is on another list
          from this basic NTB list.

          Hopefully someone can answer that question, if that's what your actually
          asking.

          Mick

          ±•¦•±•¦•±•¦•±•¦•±•¦•±•¦•±•¦•±•¦•±•¦•±•¦•±

          All Senators should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we can identify
          their corporate sponsor.

          On 2/11/2012 2:46 PM, dagneyb wrote:
          > was searching for help on, in NoteTab Pro's 6.2 FV HELP file?
          >
          > I guess I realize it is a Windows Help file, (well it's address on my computer is:
          >
          > mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\NoteTab%20Pro%206\NoteTab.chm::/introduction.htm
          >
          > so that is a Windows help file) BUT still when I go to the "Options" tab on top and I put it on "Search Highlight
          On"

          > I still do not get a highlight around the word I am looking up?
          >
          > I realize my programming skills are not good but that is why I bought this program .. hoping it would not be so hard
          that I could at least start some basics. But I think it may be too advanced for me. Still would appreciate it if anyone
          could tell me how to highlight.

        • Eb
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 12, 2012
            It's not entirely clear what you want.

            There are two ways to search help for a specific word.

            1. search for it from within the help file, by typing the target word into the search window. To get found words highlighted in this mode, click on Options (top of help screen) and toggle "Search Highlight On" to "...Off".

            2. search for a term selected in the current document by clicking on Help-->Search for Help On...
            I'm afrain this method does not result in highlighted target words in help. At least it never has for me.

            So your best bet is to keep the help window open, select the desired word, copy it to the clipboard, and paste it into the help search pane.

            Cheers,

            Eb