Re: [NTB] In NoteTab Pro 6.2/fv - Display Full Unicode Character Set for Courier New

  • Marcelo Bastos
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 6, 2012
      Interviewed by CNN on 06/01/2012 20:54, Harold told the world:
      > In NoteTab Pro 6.2/fv, I have changed my standard font to Courier New, which has a *lot* of useful characters in the high-end Unicode range. I tried getting Unicode characters to display, using everything I knew about NoteTab Pro 6.2/fv, but have failed. When I try to paste a high-end character into a Courier New document, all I get is a question mark.
      >
      > Does anyone know how to save/read Unicode files with NoteTab Pro 6.2/fv? How should it be configured to support this? I would surely appreciate your help.

      AFAIK, Notetab does not have complete Unicode support. It does have
      read-only Unicode support, but the file has to have the BOM (Bit Order
      Mark) in order to be recognized as Unicode.

      --
      MCBastos

      use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

      -=-=-
      ... Sent from my Casio wristwatch.
      * Added by TagZilla 0.066.2 running on Seamonkey 2.6 *
    • John Shotsky
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 6, 2012
        While NoteTab can load such characters, it cannot display them. You will get the question marks. You can find some info
        on this in the help file. Search for 'question'.

        Regards,
        John

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 6, 2012
          My advice to search using Question was wrong.
          If you open a Unicode, UTF-8, or Web-page file, NoteTab can usually automatically determine the appropriate code page
          for the text. However, in some cases when you open a file that is based on a different code page from your current
          Windows system, NoteTab sets the wrong code page. When this happens, some characters may display incorrectly or may be
          lost (changed to a "?" in Unicode and UTF-8 text). In this case, you should select the appropriate language setting from
          the Code Page field in the File Open dialog box. See the File Open Dialog Box topic for more details.

          Regards,
          John

          In NoteTab Pro 6.2/fv, I have changed my standard font to Courier New, which has a *lot* of useful characters in the
          high-end Unicode range. I tried getting Unicode characters to display, using everything I knew about NoteTab Pro 6.2/fv,
          but have failed. When I try to paste a high-end character into a Courier New document, all I get is a question mark.

          Does anyone know how to save/read Unicode files with NoteTab Pro 6.2/fv? How should it be configured to support this? I
          would surely appreciate your help.

          Kind regards,
          RetiredEngineer