In NoteTab Pro 6.2/fv - Display Full Unicode Character Set for Courier New

  • Harold
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 6, 2012
      In NoteTab Pro 6.2/fv, I have changed my standard font to Courier New, which has a *lot* of useful characters in the high-end Unicode range. I tried getting Unicode characters to display, using everything I knew about NoteTab Pro 6.2/fv, but have failed. When I try to paste a high-end character into a Courier New document, all I get is a question mark.

      Does anyone know how to save/read Unicode files with NoteTab Pro 6.2/fv? How should it be configured to support this? I would surely appreciate your help.

      Kind regards,
      RetiredEngineer
    • Marcelo Bastos
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 6, 2012
        Interviewed by CNN on 06/01/2012 20:54, Harold told the world:
        > In NoteTab Pro 6.2/fv, I have changed my standard font to Courier New, which has a *lot* of useful characters in the high-end Unicode range. I tried getting Unicode characters to display, using everything I knew about NoteTab Pro 6.2/fv, but have failed. When I try to paste a high-end character into a Courier New document, all I get is a question mark.
        >
        > Does anyone know how to save/read Unicode files with NoteTab Pro 6.2/fv? How should it be configured to support this? I would surely appreciate your help.

        AFAIK, Notetab does not have complete Unicode support. It does have
        read-only Unicode support, but the file has to have the BOM (Bit Order
        Mark) in order to be recognized as Unicode.

        --
        MCBastos

        use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

        -=-=-
        ... Sent from my Casio wristwatch.
        * Added by TagZilla 0.066.2 running on Seamonkey 2.6 *
      • John Shotsky
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 6, 2012
          While NoteTab can load such characters, it cannot display them. You will get the question marks. You can find some info
          on this in the help file. Search for 'question'.

          Regards,
          John

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 6, 2012
            My advice to search using Question was wrong.
            If you open a Unicode, UTF-8, or Web-page file, NoteTab can usually automatically determine the appropriate code page
            for the text. However, in some cases when you open a file that is based on a different code page from your current
            Windows system, NoteTab sets the wrong code page. When this happens, some characters may display incorrectly or may be
            lost (changed to a "?" in Unicode and UTF-8 text). In this case, you should select the appropriate language setting from
            the Code Page field in the File Open dialog box. See the File Open Dialog Box topic for more details.

            Regards,
            John