Re: [NTB] Questions about bookmarks

  • flo.gehrke
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 25, 2011
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "cq9" <cq9@...> wrote:

      > Thanks very much, Don, for this helpful suggestion. I am very new to NoteTab Pro, and so I haven't yet looked at what is available with the Clip language. But you given me a strong incentive to do so.
      >
      > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Don G Daugherty <ddaugherty@> wrote:
      > > I think with use of Notetab's Clip language you can create your own
      > > savable bookmark equivalents.

      Since we are dealing with clip programming now I've posted a continuation to the Clip Group (see message #22344 on 'Saving Bookmarks').

      Flo
    • Ray Shapp
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 26, 2011
        Hello cq9,

        This does not respond to your question about bookmarks, however, you might
        look at the Outline feature in NoteTab as a possible substitute for
        bookmarks. If it makes sense to save your original document as an outline,
        you can create an unlimited number of headings (each with a descriptive
        title) which can be constantly on display. Look also at the Hyperlink
        feature for use in your outlines. Hyperlinks allow one-click access to any
        part of your document or to other documents on your PC. Outlines can also
        be easily converted into web pages with the headings serving as a
        hyperlinked table of contents.

        IMO, Outlines and the Paste Board feature are two of the most useful
        features of NoteTab.

        I keep NoteTab open on my PC whenever the machine is running.

        Ray Shapp

        On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 8:38 PM, cq9 <cq9@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Thanks very much, Don, for this helpful suggestion. I am very new to
        > NoteTab Pro, and so I haven't yet looked at what is available with the Clip
        > language. But you given me a strong incentive to do so.
        >

        > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Don G Daugherty <ddaugherty@...> wrote:
        > > I think with use of Notetab's Clip language you can create your own
        > > savable bookmark equivalents.
        > > The idea would be to use a set of characters that you would normally
        > > never use -- ASCII characters above 128 for example. Subscribe to the
        > > Clips List and ask for help there if you need it,

      • cq9
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 26, 2011
          Thanks, Ray, for your suggestion. I agree that the Outline feature seems very useful, but I wouldn't want to have to use it every time I want to add bookmarks to a file. I think Flo's idea comes closer to what I'd want.

          CQ