Re: [NTB] Questions about bookmarks

  • cq9
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 24 5:38 PM
      Thanks very much, Don, for this helpful suggestion. I am very new to NoteTab Pro, and so I haven't yet looked at what is available with the Clip language. But you given me a strong incentive to do so.

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Don G Daugherty <ddaugherty@...> wrote:
      > I think with use of Notetab's Clip language you can create your own
      > savable bookmark equivalents.
      > The idea would be to use a set of characters that you would normally
      > never use -- ASCII characters above 128 for example. Subscribe to the
      > Clips List and ask for help there if you need it,

    • flo.gehrke
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 25 5:14 AM
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "cq9" <cq9@...> wrote:

        > Thanks very much, Don, for this helpful suggestion. I am very new to NoteTab Pro, and so I haven't yet looked at what is available with the Clip language. But you given me a strong incentive to do so.
        >
        > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Don G Daugherty <ddaugherty@> wrote:
        > > I think with use of Notetab's Clip language you can create your own
        > > savable bookmark equivalents.

        Since we are dealing with clip programming now I've posted a continuation to the Clip Group (see message #22344 on 'Saving Bookmarks').

        Flo
      • Ray Shapp
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 26 1:10 AM
          Hello cq9,

          This does not respond to your question about bookmarks, however, you might
          look at the Outline feature in NoteTab as a possible substitute for
          bookmarks. If it makes sense to save your original document as an outline,
          you can create an unlimited number of headings (each with a descriptive
          title) which can be constantly on display. Look also at the Hyperlink
          feature for use in your outlines. Hyperlinks allow one-click access to any
          part of your document or to other documents on your PC. Outlines can also
          be easily converted into web pages with the headings serving as a
          hyperlinked table of contents.

          IMO, Outlines and the Paste Board feature are two of the most useful
          features of NoteTab.

          I keep NoteTab open on my PC whenever the machine is running.

          Ray Shapp

          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 26 9:52 AM
            Thanks, Ray, for your suggestion. I agree that the Outline feature seems very useful, but I wouldn't want to have to use it every time I want to add bookmarks to a file. I think Flo's idea comes closer to what I'd want.

            CQ