Re: [NTB] Questions about bookmarks

  • cq9
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 24, 2011
      Thanks, Robert, for this helpful information.

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Robert Bull <barlennan@...> wrote:
      > Do you have Notetab Lite or Pro? If you have Pro, you can use
      > hotkeys. From Help > Keyboard Shortcuts:
      >
      > Bookmarks (NoteTab Pro only)
      > Shift+Ctrl+[0-9] toggle bookmark
      > Ctrl+[0-9] go to bookmark #
      > Ctrl+Alt+F3 Next
      > Shift+Ctrl+F3 Previous
    • cq9
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 24, 2011
        Thanks very much, Don, for this helpful suggestion. I am very new to NoteTab Pro, and so I haven't yet looked at what is available with the Clip language. But you given me a strong incentive to do so.

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Don G Daugherty <ddaugherty@...> wrote:
        > I think with use of Notetab's Clip language you can create your own
        > savable bookmark equivalents.
        > The idea would be to use a set of characters that you would normally
        > never use -- ASCII characters above 128 for example. Subscribe to the
        > Clips List and ask for help there if you need it,

      • flo.gehrke
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 25, 2011
          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "cq9" <cq9@...> wrote:

          > Thanks very much, Don, for this helpful suggestion. I am very new to NoteTab Pro, and so I haven't yet looked at what is available with the Clip language. But you given me a strong incentive to do so.
          >
          > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Don G Daugherty <ddaugherty@> wrote:
          > > I think with use of Notetab's Clip language you can create your own
          > > savable bookmark equivalents.

          Since we are dealing with clip programming now I've posted a continuation to the Clip Group (see message #22344 on 'Saving Bookmarks').

          Flo
        • Ray Shapp
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 26, 2011
            Hello cq9,

            This does not respond to your question about bookmarks, however, you might
            look at the Outline feature in NoteTab as a possible substitute for
            bookmarks. If it makes sense to save your original document as an outline,
            you can create an unlimited number of headings (each with a descriptive
            title) which can be constantly on display. Look also at the Hyperlink
            feature for use in your outlines. Hyperlinks allow one-click access to any
            part of your document or to other documents on your PC. Outlines can also
            be easily converted into web pages with the headings serving as a
            hyperlinked table of contents.

            IMO, Outlines and the Paste Board feature are two of the most useful
            features of NoteTab.

            I keep NoteTab open on my PC whenever the machine is running.

            Ray Shapp

            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 26, 2011
              Thanks, Ray, for your suggestion. I agree that the Outline feature seems very useful, but I wouldn't want to have to use it every time I want to add bookmarks to a file. I think Flo's idea comes closer to what I'd want.

              CQ