Retrieve really old NTP 4.6 settings?

  • will_aka_clueless
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 15, 2011
      I stopped using NTP 4.6(?) a few years ago because of file saving conflicts between networked computers.

      I've since been reduced to working in bed on a single computer due to ever worsening chronic illness symptoms, so the problem of accidentally overwriting a file that's open simultaneously on two or more computers is no longer an issue.

      I'd like to start using NTP again, as it used to be my favorite program.

      I had my old version of NTP tricked out with all sorts of personalized configurations and am wondering how to find the configuration files from a few years back. I still have the hard drives from my old hand-me-down computers from those days. And I also have a USB gadget that lets me plug my old hard drives into my creaky old hand-me-down laptop that I now use in bed.

      So, I'm hoping that all I'll need is the name(s) of the file(s) to search for, and instructions for how to import them into my current installation of NTP on my laptop.

      Will in Seattle
      a.k.a. "Clueless"
    • loro
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 15, 2011
        Hi Clueless! :-)

        you wrote:
        >So, I'm hoping that all I'll need is the name(s) of the file(s) to
        >search for, and instructions for how to import them into my current
        >installation of NTP on my laptop.

        It's notepro.ini for Notetab Pro and notetab.ini for the others. For
        4.6* I'm pretty sure you'll find the ini file in Notetab's program
        directory. If your current installation is a new version though, it's
        ini file could be either in the Notetab directory our in Documents
        and Settings\YOU\Application Data\ Notetab... depending on how you
        installed it. Just let the old ini replace the new one.

        Lotta