Re: How do I change the autosave location?

  • jswordtestem
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 19, 2011
      If I choose a directory and I uncheck "use default directories" and I tried unchecking match directories too, but same problem. then click OK then go back to view..options..files, the textbox where I entered the directory becomes cleared!

      the only time it doesn't clear, is when use default directories is checked.. though it doesn't save it to the directory I specified.

      so I can't get it to autosave to the directory I specified.

      notetab lite 6.2

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Eb" <ebbtidalflats@...> wrote:

      > View menu --> Options --> Files tab:
      >
      > Uncheck [ ] Use default directories
      > Uncheck [ ] Match Directories
      > Enter the desired open and save folders (probably should be the same).
      >

      > Cheers,
      >

      > Eb
      >

      > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "jswordtestem" <jswordtestem@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I'd like to start Notetab and start writing into files, I see notetab says they're named NoName1.txt, and i'd like them autosaved to c:\ntb
      > >
      > > but they're not they're being saved here with these names
      > > ~tmp1.txt ~tmp2.txt
      > > C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temp
      > >
      > > I'd like to change the location, and preferably the names to NoName1.txt e.t.c.
      > >
      > > but at least i'd like to change the location
      > >
      > > i've tried restarting notetab light but it hasn't made any difference

    • Eb
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 20, 2011
        I meant to say CHECK [x] use default directories, rather than uncheck.

        Further, to assure that the new folders take, after you reconfigure, restart NoteTab.

        Sorry about the confusion.

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 20, 2011
          still doesn't work.
          checked use default directories
          unchecked match directories
          save directory is c:\ntb
          restart notetab

          automatic save is set to 1 minute to speed up testing.

          did ctrl-n to start a new document type qw into it

          find the file in %TEMP%

          C:\ntb>type %TEMP%\~tmp1.txt
          qw
          C:\ntb>dir /b

          C:\ntb>dir /b %TEMP%\~tmp1.txt
          ~tmp1.txt

          C:\ntb>

          It's just not going into my directory.

          Notetab 6.2

          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Eb" <ebbtidalflats@...> wrote:

          > I meant to say CHECK [x] use default directories, rather than uncheck.
          >
          > Further, to assure that the new folders take, after you reconfigure, restart NoteTab.
          >
          > Sorry about the confusion.
          >

          > Eb
          >
          > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "jswordtestem" <jswordtestem@> wrote:
          > >
          > > If I choose a directory and I uncheck "use default directories" and I tried unchecking match directories too, but same problem. then click OK then go back to view..options..files, the textbox where I entered the directory becomes cleared!
          > >
          > > the only time it doesn't clear, is when use default directories is checked.. though it doesn't save it to the directory I specified.
          > >
          > > so I can't get it to autosave to the directory I specified.
          > >
          > > notetab lite 6.2
          > >

          > > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Eb" <ebbtidalflats@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > View menu --> Options --> Files tab:
          > > >
          > > > Uncheck [ ] Use default directories
          > > > Uncheck [ ] Match Directories
          > > > Enter the desired open and save folders (probably should be the same).
          > > >

          > > > Cheers,
          > > >

          > > > Eb

        • John Shotsky
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 20, 2011
            Edit your notetab.ini file using something OTHER than NoteTab, with NoteTab closed. Change it to whatever you want it to
            be. Save and restart. Done.

            Regards,
            John

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 20, 2011
              There is no notetab.ini file Notetab lite 6.2

              But your method isn't relevant because the setting is sticking. When I check "use default directories" and enter a directory c:\ntb and click OK, and go back in it's still there. And if I restart of course, it's still there

              The point is, that when I restart, it does seem to read from there and still has "use default directories" and the directory set to c:\ntb. But it still saves to the temp directory.

              > Edit your notetab.ini file using something OTHER than NoteTab, with NoteTab closed. Change it to whatever you want it to
              > be. Save and restart. Done.
              >
              > Regards,
              > John

            • hsavage
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 20, 2011
                On 11/20/2011 4:44 PM, John Shotsky wrote:
                > Edit your notetab.ini file using something OTHER than NoteTab,
                with NoteTab closed. Change it to whatever you want it to
                > be. Save and restart. Done.
                >
                > Regards,
                > John

                John, Eb, All,

                An alternative to the above method of editing NotePro.ini,
                NoteTab.ini follows, no need for a second text editor.

                From NoteTab Help > Help Topics > Tips and How to...

                If you are very familiar with INI files, you can edit NoteTab's own
                INI file like any other document. To have your changes taken into
                account when you reopen NoteTab, you must rename the file by adding
                an exclamation mark in front of the name (e.g. !NoteTab.INI). Next
                time you run NoteTab, the content of the renamed INI file will be used.

                ¤• JD#...325 - ¤• SL...986 - 11.11.21~01.18.30

                • Newspaper Headline...
                • Reagan Wins On Budget, But More Lies Ahead.

                € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
              • John Shotsky
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 21, 2011
                  There is an ini file � Put this in a clip and run it.
                  ^!InsertText Your current INI file = ^$GetIniFile$^%nl%

                  If you are running Vista or Windows 7, and you have installed in Program Files, you may be seeing Windows interference
                  rather than NoteTab's operation
                  Using a different editor, look at these values:
                  DefaultOpenDir=D:\Work\
                  DefaultSaveDir=D:\Work\

                  Regards,
                  John