viewing all txt files simultaneously?

  • jswordtestem
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 18, 2011
      what I like about notepad is the ability using the windows facility tile horizontally, and I can view all my files simultaneously. e.g. 10 files eimultaneously. Is it possible to convert all the tabs in notetab plus to windows and do that? or anything as good?
    • Eb
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 19, 2011
        Yes you could. One way would be to open each file separately in a new instance of NoteTab (open with) to begin with. A second way would be with a custom clip.

        However, using NoteTab with multiple instances creates its own set of problems. You might need to reconfigure NoteTab to use less screen (uncheck a number of items in the View Menu), etc. You should be aware, that to open these multiple instances with a CLIP will still require you to first open the multi-DOCUMENT instance, and run the clip again. Further, when you close ONE of the instances, the multi-doc instance will not know about this. You coudl create a second clip, but this gets more and more complicated.

        If you do decide to go the multi-instance from a clip route, you should subscribe to the clips discussion group (ntb-clips), and ask for assistance there.

        Cheers,

        Eb

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "jswordtestem" <jswordtestem@...> wrote:

        > what I like about notepad is the ability using the windows facility tile horizontally, and I can view all my files simultaneously. e.g. 10 files eimultaneously. Is it possible to convert all the tabs in notetab plus to windows and do that? or anything as good?

      • Sheri
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 19, 2011
          Another possibility clip-wise would be to make the clip open all the tabbed documents in noteTab in notePad windows and tile those. If any of the documents are currently modified but unsaved, you could handle those according to your wishes -- save them via the clip, make the clip prompt you, or just show the unsaved modified text in NotePad.

          Regards,
          Sheri