RE: [NTB] Replace does not seem to work with this string of characters ???

  • John Shotsky
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 16, 2011
      You will have to make it more clear what you are trying to do. What is the starting text, and what do you want it to
      look like after?

      Regards,
      John

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 16, 2011
        On 11/16/2011 3:22 PM, djbeam27 wrote:
        > with the sample below .. I am trying to replace something with something
        > .. (please note that this is a sample I did for this question .. yes I
        > am finding and replacing the same thing .. but see the error message)
        >
        > I am running Notetab 6.2 FV .. and this replace (not the same strings)
        > worked before .. not now ..
        >
        > Find is working .. replace does not seem to .. any thoughts...

        Did you have attachments? If so, Yahoo removes attachments from our
        messages.

        Lacking the error message and search string, not much to suggest except
        make sure you haven't inadvertently checked Regular Exp on the replace
        box when you didn't mean to.

        Regards,
        Sheri
      • djbeam27
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 17, 2011
          so how does one show a screen shot to help those who could help me .????

          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Sheri <silvermoonwoman@...> wrote:

          > On 11/16/2011 3:22 PM, djbeam27 wrote:
          > > with the sample below .. I am trying to replace something with something
          > > .. (please note that this is a sample I did for this question .. yes I
          > > am finding and replacing the same thing .. but see the error message)
          > >
          > > I am running Notetab 6.2 FV .. and this replace (not the same strings)
          > > worked before .. not now ..
          > >
          > > Find is working .. replace does not seem to .. any thoughts...
          > >

          > Did you have attachments? If so, Yahoo removes attachments from our
          > messages.
          >
          > Lacking the error message and search string, not much to suggest except
          > make sure you haven't inadvertently checked Regular Exp on the replace
          > box when you didn't mean to.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Sheri

        • Greg Chapman
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 17, 2011
            Hi,

            On 17 Nov 11 21:22 "djbeam27" <djbeam@...> said:
            > so how does one show a screen shot to help those who could help me
            > .????

            <-> To visit your group on the web, go to:

            Do what it should say in the footers to any message. Go to the web
            site follow the "Photos" or "files" link and place it there. Then you
            can post its URL in your message.

            Greg
          • jswordtestem
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 18, 2011
              well if you think a picture would help you to communicate, then you could use the printscreen key to make a screenshot which puts it in the clipboard, then paste it into mspaint. Then save it and upload it to www.tinypic.com and share the link.