RE: [NTB] Windows 7 recognizing note tab

  • Harold Noffke
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 3, 2011
      Another thing which doesn’t work for NoteTab Pro 6.2/fv in Windows 7 is setting “Show Icon and Notifications” in the “Customize” pane of the pop-out System Tray. This is where I like to see NT on Startup, just as if I has just minimized or closed it. Although I have to keep resetting “Show Icon and Notifications” when I start up (to pull the NT icon out of the pop-out tray into the onscreen tray), the next time I Shutdown/Restart I find W7 has not retained the “Show icon” setting, and the whole process starts all over again.

      Has anyone tinkered with this and found a way to make “Show Icon” stick to NT across Shutdown/Restart cycles?

      Kind regards,

      RetiredEngineer1

      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 5, 2011
        Your message came through garbled, but if you mean to set the "Show Icon in System Tray" option, W7 seems to have some internal clean-up for the task tray. Why not use the "pin icon to the task BAR" instead?

        Right-click on the taskbar icon for NoteTab, and select "Pin this program to taskbar". I have no trouble with pinned icons disappearing after slepp mode or restarts.

        Cheers,

        Eb

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Harold Noffke <noffkehw@...> wrote:

        > Another thing which doesn’t work for NoteTab Pro 6.2/fv in Windows 7 is setting “Show Icon and Notifications” in the “Customize” pane of the pop-out System Tray. This is where I like to see NT on Startup, just as if I has just minimized or closed it. Although I have to keep resetting “Show Icon and Notifications” when I start up (to pull the NT icon out of the pop-out tray into the onscreen tray), the next time I Shutdown/Restart I find W7 has not retained the “Show icon” setting, and the whole process starts all over again.
        >

        > Has anyone tinkered with this and found a way to make “Show Icon” stick to NT across Shutdown/Restart cycles?
        >

        > Kind regards,
        >
        > RetiredEngineer1

      • Don Daugherty
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 9, 2011
          On 11/3/2011 5:26 PM, Harold Noffke wrote:
          > Another thing which doesn’t work for NoteTab Pro 6.2/fv in Windows 7 is setting “Show Icon and Notifications” in the “Customize” pane of the pop-out System Tray. This is where I like to see NT on Startup, just as if I has just minimized or closed it. Although I have to keep resetting “Show Icon and Notifications” when I start up (to pull the NT icon out of the pop-out tray into the onscreen tray), the next time I Shutdown/Restart I find W7 has not retained the “Show icon” setting, and the whole process starts all over again.
          >

          > Has anyone tinkered with this and found a way to make “Show Icon” stick to NT across Shutdown/Restart cycles?

          It's not the same thing, and it may or may not be useful for you, but I
          like the "close to Task-Bar" feature inherent in Win7's "pin to
          task-bar" feature. If you haven't already tried it, the next time you
          have NoteTab open, right-click on it's tab in the task-bar, and choose
          "pin to task bar." When to program is later closed, it ends-up looking
          like an icon in the old launch-tray of earlier versions of Windows. (If
          you don't like it, right click and choose "Un-pin ...")
          (An old engineering professor!)