Re: [NTB] finding lost or misplaced files

  • Rod Dav4is
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 2, 2011
      The "everything" tool has proved most useful to me for this sort
      of thing. I now cannot imagine how I ever got along without it! It
      runs unobtrusively in the background and has saved my bacon more than
      once. You can read about it on their website: http://www.voidtools.com/
      I installed it sometime last year and have never had occasion for
      complaint. I find that with tools of this nature, running in the
      background often means at least occasional degradation of performance
      -- but never seen from this tool.

      -R.

      On 2011-11-02 11:48, Muriel wrote:

      > THank you to all that sent me advice and I now have the library back.
      > It was HIDING in a totally unexpected folder... and when John said
      > it might
      > be in a private folder...started looking in everything LOL
      > A search from the START menu didnt find it... either..but it was in
      > some
      > private folder.. and now all is well
      >
      > TY all again for your help
      >
      > appreciated
      >
      > Muriel

      Regards, Rod Dav4is / P.O. Box 118 / Hyde Park, NY 12538 / USA
      Genealogy, et Cetera: http://freepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~dav4is/
      538 ancestral& collateral families, mostly 17°-19° century
      New England& European roots. Total population: 136,000+
      Annex: http://www.gencircles.com/users/dav4is/
      email: DAV4IS@...
      A Democrat, a Republican and a giraffe walk into a bar. The bartender looks up from his want ads and says, "What is this, a joke?"
      -unknown

    • Rod Dav4is
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 2, 2011
        Oh, did I mention that it is FREE for private non-commercial use? -R.