Re: Note tab disappearing...

  • Eb
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 1, 2011
      NoteTab has issues with clipboard capturing.
      I have had interference with several other applications:

      Adobe Reader often generates an error, when trying to copy selected text into NoteTab's pasteboard.

      Fidelity's WealthLab crashes, when NoteTab's pasteboard is enabled, and I try to cut & paste within the WealthLab editor.

      What applications do you have problems with?

      Also, take a look at taskmanager after NoteTab disappears, and see if NotePro.exe is still running, despite having disappeared.

      Report these things to Fookes as bugs.

      Finally, it may help to reinstall NoteTab. Sometimes parts of NoteTab get corrupted during heavy memory use; or when you shut-domw by hibernation or stand-by, applications can be interfered with.

      Eb

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Bob Gorman <bgorman@...> wrote:

      > ... Note Tab disappears, exits memory.
      > ... when I have Paste board enabled, and at the moment
      > of doing a copy from another application! Yes, more than 1
      > application.
      > --
      > *God* gave us grapes;
      > *Entrepreneurs* gave us wine.

      Hmm, I thought Monks gave us wine?
    • Harold Noffke
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 3, 2011
        Another thing which doesn’t work for NoteTab Pro 6.2/fv in Windows 7 is setting “Show Icon and Notifications” in the “Customize” pane of the pop-out System Tray. This is where I like to see NT on Startup, just as if I has just minimized or closed it. Although I have to keep resetting “Show Icon and Notifications” when I start up (to pull the NT icon out of the pop-out tray into the onscreen tray), the next time I Shutdown/Restart I find W7 has not retained the “Show icon” setting, and the whole process starts all over again.

        Has anyone tinkered with this and found a way to make “Show Icon” stick to NT across Shutdown/Restart cycles?

        Kind regards,

        RetiredEngineer1

        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 5, 2011
          Your message came through garbled, but if you mean to set the "Show Icon in System Tray" option, W7 seems to have some internal clean-up for the task tray. Why not use the "pin icon to the task BAR" instead?

          Right-click on the taskbar icon for NoteTab, and select "Pin this program to taskbar". I have no trouble with pinned icons disappearing after slepp mode or restarts.

          Cheers,

          Eb

          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Harold Noffke <noffkehw@...> wrote:

          > Another thing which doesn’t work for NoteTab Pro 6.2/fv in Windows 7 is setting “Show Icon and Notifications” in the “Customize” pane of the pop-out System Tray. This is where I like to see NT on Startup, just as if I has just minimized or closed it. Although I have to keep resetting “Show Icon and Notifications” when I start up (to pull the NT icon out of the pop-out tray into the onscreen tray), the next time I Shutdown/Restart I find W7 has not retained the “Show icon” setting, and the whole process starts all over again.
          >

          > Has anyone tinkered with this and found a way to make “Show Icon” stick to NT across Shutdown/Restart cycles?
          >

          > Kind regards,
          >
          > RetiredEngineer1

        • Don Daugherty
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 9, 2011
            On 11/3/2011 5:26 PM, Harold Noffke wrote:
            > Another thing which doesn’t work for NoteTab Pro 6.2/fv in Windows 7 is setting “Show Icon and Notifications” in the “Customize” pane of the pop-out System Tray. This is where I like to see NT on Startup, just as if I has just minimized or closed it. Although I have to keep resetting “Show Icon and Notifications” when I start up (to pull the NT icon out of the pop-out tray into the onscreen tray), the next time I Shutdown/Restart I find W7 has not retained the “Show icon” setting, and the whole process starts all over again.
            >

            > Has anyone tinkered with this and found a way to make “Show Icon” stick to NT across Shutdown/Restart cycles?

            It's not the same thing, and it may or may not be useful for you, but I
            like the "close to Task-Bar" feature inherent in Win7's "pin to
            task-bar" feature. If you haven't already tried it, the next time you
            have NoteTab open, right-click on it's tab in the task-bar, and choose
            "pin to task bar." When to program is later closed, it ends-up looking
            like an icon in the old launch-tray of earlier versions of Windows. (If
            you don't like it, right click and choose "Un-pin ...")
            (An old engineering professor!)