"Filter Binary Codes" option?

  • george_elliott2002
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 27, 2011
      I opened an .rtf document (in NTB) and received the following warning:

      Warning! "the document path was displayed here" has not been fully loaded!
      It probably contains one or more null characters. Use the option "Filter Binary Codes" if you want to load the entire file next time.

      I have looked under View, Options; but I did not see the aforesaid "Filter Binary Codes" option.
      So where is the aforesaid "Filter Binary Codes" option?
    • John Shotsky
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 27, 2011
        NoteTab Help says
        "Q. NoteTab does not load the whole file!
        A. The file probably contains one or more null characters. By default, NoteTab treats the first null character it
        encounters as the end of the text. To change this behavior, you can set the "Filter Binary Codes" option which you will
        find on the Files tab in the Options dialog box. When this option is set, any null character NoteTab encounters when
        load the full content of any file when this feature is enabled."

        Regards,
        John

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 27, 2011
          Thnk you for your prompt and informative recommendation. That recommendation worked just fine.
        • hsavage
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 27, 2011
            On 9/27/2011 7:43 PM, george_elliott2002 wrote:
            > I opened an .rtf document (in NTB) and received the following warning:
            >
            > Warning! "the document path was displayed here" has not been fully
            loaded!
            > It probably contains one or more null characters. Use the option
            > "Filter Binary Codes" if you want to load the entire file next time.
            >
            > I have looked under View, Options; but I did not see the aforesaid
            > "Filter Binary Codes" option.
            > So where is the aforesaid "Filter Binary Codes" option?

            George,

            To find the Options setting;
            Look under View > Options > Files, about halfway down on left.

            ¤• JD#...270 - ¤• SL...552 - 11.09.27~20.54.12

            • How Can I Miss You If You Won't Go Away?

            € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com^
          • george_elliott2002
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 27, 2011
              OK. Thanks.