RE: [NTB] Missing Find and Search history dropdowns

  • John Shotsky
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 21, 2011
      It is not something I did. With 4 documents open, I can simply click between them with the search dialog open, and the
      subject documents will have no search history. The other ones do have the search history. I copied the 'bad' documents
      to new documents then overwrote the 'bad' documents with the new ones, and the problem went away. Still, they were text
      files that were somehow blocking, or interfering with the search dialog. That should not even be possible.

      Regards,
      John

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 21, 2011
        Op 21/09/2011 17:21, John Shotsky schreef:
        > to new documents then overwrote the 'bad' documents with the new ones, and the problem went away. Still, they were text
        > files that were somehow blocking, or interfering with the search dialog. That should not even be possible.

        An issue of tempory-files?? Enough harddisk space?
        --
        Adrien
      • flo.gehrke
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 21, 2011

          > Recently, my find and search histories have stopped working for
          > some documents. For other documents, it works fine...

          John,

          I've checked some TXT files from my disk and found several files where the Search History actually is lost.

          When opening those files and running...

          ^!IfFileUnicode "^##" Next Else False
          ^!Info File is Unicode
          ^!Goto End
          :False
          ^!Info No Unicode

          ...I found out that the History is lost if the file is Unicode (UTF-8).

          I can see no comprehensible reason why this should happen. Is it a bug?

          Flo
        • John Shotsky
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 21, 2011
            Thank you. That explains why copying it to a new doc fixes the problem. I guess I will have to implement some sort of a
            forced rewrite to solve this. Hard telling what other symptoms might show up or not show up but cause problems. I would
            definitely call this a bug.

            Regards,
            John